Twittering Birds Never Fly - Reviews

Alt title: Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai

Twittering Birds Never Fly
meewo's avatar
Jun 22, 2021

I enjoy this story every time I read it. There are lots of characters, but each one is introduced so slowly that you can keep them all straight.

matrixen's avatar
Apr 21, 2020

This has got to be my most favorite manga of all time. Kou Yoneda is simply amazing. This manga will make your heart bleed and turn your emotions into a mess, but it'll be well worth it because it's so damn good. The realistic and serious components in this manga's plot was what made it so much more interesting, and if that's not for you, that's okay, but the serious elements compliment the story and add more complexity to it so that you're not just reading meaningless fluff about a yakuza falling in love.

NicoleSenpai1990's avatar
Feb 4, 2021

I've read but I've also watched several yaois, and I can tell you this is one of the best I read of this particular genre. Yaois usually don't have a good plot in my humble opinion so, for me, I'm always happy to encounter something like this. The characters have depth, specially because of their trauma, there's character development to go around, specifically when it comes to the MCs. I really like the fact that it's not focused solemnly on sex, but that there's also a good story to back it out. Art wise, it looks very clean, backgrounds looks very good and the dialogues are well conducted. Overall a 7/10.

6.5/10 story
TheNuisance1's avatar
Feb 1, 2020

I understand how people might like this serious type of Yaoi but I found it just wasn't for me to continue reading it.....

JJHina's avatar
Nov 3, 2020

Would easily recommend. One of my favorite mangas ever. The main characters are so likeable. The author is able to slip in funny moments in such a serious series. The emotional moments are so well written. The movie was also able to portray the source material so well.