Trash Will Always Be Trash - Reviews

Don't Pick up the Trash You Threw Away

Don't Pick up What You've Thrown Away

Y04N's avatar
Nov 3, 2023

This makes my blood boils so much.

The annoying characters and scenes/timeline are being dragged too much into the story.

Spoiler: It took nine chapters to introduce the male lead (in such a basic and anticlimactic way) and 30+ chapters for her to *unofficially* call off her engagement with the as$hat. I mean, I would understand if it's to show more depth about her background but, the shit just don't make sense. Her husband came back to her after SIX YEARS, leaving her with all the technical jobs, carrying another woman (pregnant with his child) in his arms! And yet, it took her months to call off the engagement? Meanwhile, she's suppose to be smart and rational.

The progress is just way too slow, the author is really making the shittiest ex-fiance while making such lacking main characters.

*read until chapter 42.

1.5/10 story
2.5/10 overall
Sss473's avatar
Oct 13, 2023

If you want to read Remarried Empress, but with more superficial characters, this is the story. The girl who waits for her brainless fiancé to return with a pregnant princess from a fallen country. The FL acts tough with business, but she also acts like a characterless person in other matters, which is a huge contradiction. The Emperor has a character that tends to be more secondary. There is nothing special about the story in general. waste of time

nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Oct 1, 2022

STORY: The story does a decent job of portraying the tension and difficult decisions that Leila faces. Leila doesn't like being disrespected and fe doesn't like the uncertainty of not knowing whether Phil will end up annuling their engagement or not, but it's also difficult to leave this situation because fe doesn't really have anywhere else to go and the society at large doesn't appear to be very accomodating for women. Leila is portrayed as capable and intelligent, which is nice, but I don't entirely appreciate how it seems like fe will end up getting saved by a kind-hearted man (instead of finding some way to save femself).

ART: I imagine some people will adore this artwork, and that's cool, but I personally find it a bit of a mixed bag. It's full color and there are some really pretty clothes and background details, so that's nice. But some of the background items feel pasted in or are blurred to a degree that doesn't look great. I also have a distaste for the way the eyebrows and eyes overlap with the bangs--it looks weird, and distracting. The outlines are often too thin and the faces and hairstyles will frequently look stiff.

CHARACTERS: None of the characters have grabbed my attention all that strongly. A lot of the early chapters are just situations that emphasize the pitiable state that Leila's in and how much of an inconsiderate, entitled douche Phil seems to be. The blue-haired guy is just your typical knight in shining armor type of blah. And Sisley feels like an attempt at making a conniving character, but without proper follow-through (in the sense that Sisley's connivings aren't interesting).

OVERALL: It's fine enough. Definitely not anywhere near the worst thing I've ever read (though not near the best thing either). I could see it developing into something more interesting if certain aspects are explored in interesting ways down the line. Specifically, if we see some scheming that feels like actual scheming, that'd be cool. And if the relationship with the blue-haired guy is handled well, that could be pretty romantic and nice. But currently, it's just kinda been bland, if I'm being completely honest.

[Reviewed at chapter 22]