Tomb Raider King - Reviews

Alt title: Dogurwang

Tomb Raider King
CapitaineOtaku's avatar
May 17, 2020

This manwha is pretty average. Nothing about the mc or the story particularly stands out. It could have been better if the mc was shown to behave normally but they chose to make him a psycho. The problem with psycho characters is that you have to make the audience empathize with them and show what justify their behavior. This one is an azzhole for the sake of being an azzhole and it's not even funny. That's not how you write an anti-hero if that's what the author was going for.

All the MC does is beat people up and steal things from them because they will "eventually" come for him later down the line. Meaning they aren't necessarily people who hurt him but he suppose they will. Is he a villain? Cause that's the only way this makes sense. He try to one up everybody and be on top and is arrogant af. The author gave him the ultimate plot armor since he always win and always know how to fight enemies even if they are way stronger than him. A bunch of armed military men? no problem. Trained CIA agent? easy work. A strong relic user with connections to governments? piece of cake. And to top it off he does it with the lamest of relics. As a way of saying "I'm the mc so I can win even with a rock on my hand". That's the type of story this is.

doniya's avatar
Jul 25, 2020

this manhwa is a very obvious copy of solo levelling but I don't think is a bad thing although it's a bit disappointing since even the art style and character design is like the exact same.

the protagonist character didn't make me sympathize with him at all, in fact even reading the first couple of chapters I was even annoyed by him he almost seemed envious or bitter and even evil (arrogant very and extremely arrogant), he had the jealous side character feeling with even his smirk I feel like the author should've given more attention to his back story so I can feel hatred with him more, the story is very straightforwardly a revenge one.

the lack of emotion variable wasn't that critical since I'm still interested, but its really annoying its like listening to trumps speech, you hate his guts but you are interested in what he will say. as a character, I could only hope he develops because god knows how much he pisses me off.

mangah0's avatar
Aug 9, 2020

I was discouraged to read this manga after the mediocre reviews but finally decided to give it a shot. The mc is definitely psychotic but normal mcs are less fun right? I like the attribute of making relics the center of this story. It had taught me a lot about history in a fun manner.

Gameriuxlt's avatar
Jan 10, 2020

It's a great read as "fast food" type of manhwa but if you're looking for something deeper it's not for you.

The protagonist is strong and even tho he faces some obstacles most of the time he is the "Top dog".

There is not much to say other than that this is a typical KR webtoon about modern world with RPG elements and dungeon-like intances.

The biggest issue i have with this is how protagonist treats everyone like shit some of those people deserve it some not and some are completely innocent and the protagonist still exploits them. Not to mention some of his actions are hypocritical.

This is not the only issue but biggest for sure (at least to me) and I don't want to make this review look too negative so i will ignore others.

Overall its good read if you're into KR webtoons with RPG elements etc but its by far not perfect.

HikenNoAsxce's avatar
May 11, 2020

Well Drawn, Unique and Fun

Tomb Raider King is a Korean Manwha. The story of a world where relics have started to spawn, governed by deities, these relics possess unbelieveable power. And quite a few people are in search of these articats.

Our hero gaining tons of experience hunting relics for over a decade, dies (Yup this is one of those stories). Only to be reincarnated in to his past 10 year younger self, but a god. Equiped with the knowledge of all the relics, he had encountered. He now has an edge over everyone else competing for the Relics.

The unique relics and the challenges that arrive with the use & aquireing of these relics leads to some great story moments. This is a different take on the Over Powered protaganist trope. The MC here is a little on the Edge side (don't worry its not in a bad thing here). This ensure that the MC doesnt fall into the Dense guy cliche.

If you were every considering Korean Manwha this is enough of a reason to get into it. This is good enough to go head to head against some of the best Japanese Manga in quality and polish. AND it's in full color.

P.S. There is a really cute ditzy Waifu here as well if you're into that sort of a thing.