Tokyo Mew Mew Ole! - Reviews

Alt title: Tokyo Mew Mew Au Lait!

Tokyo Mew Mew Ole!
Bloom19's avatar
Sep 5, 2022

After reading the first chapter am I already in love with this manga! <3

The art is very pretty!

(SPOILER)

The total oppesite of the Tokyo Mew Mew girls (in gender that is)

If this had been a BL it would have been a 5 star but it is still cute as hell! >w<

7.5/10 story
8.5/10 art
69River's avatar
Feb 27, 2024

I didnt care for the original Tokyo Mew Mew too much and I dont usually care for spinoffs but Im so glad I decided to give this a read anyway! Its deffinentely worth the read! The art is beautiful. (SPOILERS!!) Kanda and Roppongi covering Hiroo's eyes when Yoyogi kissed Shibuya was hilarious to me!

MadamOtaku's avatar
Aug 18, 2022

This is some cute, oddly good, and surprisingly sexy fun.

For anyone who read and or watched the original Mew Mews, Tokyo Mew Mew Ore! or Tokyo Mew Mew Au Lait!, alternatively, is a must read. It's also a good read for anyone who likes a cute romance and kitty boys.

A-P's system recommended this to me on the home page. I saw it and thought it would be a ridiculous riot.

Boy mew mews. I laughed when I first saw this was real.

Anyway, let's get to the meat and potatoes of this manga. The plot is basically the same as the original Mew Mews. They are heroes infused with the DNA of endangered animals who must fight monsters to protect the planet earth. But that is pretty much where the similarities end. The art is much better, the romance is great, our lead boy is sweet and hates embarrassing himself everytime he says the automatic lines; "Passionately, grandly, I'm boiling over! In full gratitude, I'll be of service, Nyan."

The boys' outfits are laughable. I think they look like cheesy strippers. 🤣

Once I stopped laughing, I did really enjoy the story.

And what took me for a loop was the boy+boy kissing. Didn't see that coming. Enjoyed it anyway.

It's still a run-of-the-mill boy loves girl romance, by the way.

7.5/10 characters