Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun - Reviews

Alt title: Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun

Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun
Lilienne's avatar
Jan 23, 2020

The characters are so cute....and hanako kun of course. At first it surely seemed like a total light hearted story to do with ghosts but it actually does have a proper storyline with great rhythm. It is fun to read and sometimes it tends to get real dark but is really recommended  to readHanako being jealous

Classeey's avatar
Jan 27, 2020

I started reading this manga when it came out in 2014, and I was hooked. I just now rediscovered it because it is finally getting the anime it deserved, and the art is as beautiful and unique. I really hope the fan base for the manga continues to grow. The story is fantastic. It's lighthearted, but can get pretty dark sometimes. The characters are absolutely adorable, I love everything from the designs to the expressions. Great manga, I would definitely recommend it!

blessyou's avatar
May 13, 2020

Possible spoilers: One of the first manga I've read, and it's by far my favorite. The characters are so loveable, and the art style just gets you sucked in, reading it for hours. The story goes from light-hearted to dark pretty quickly, so be prepared. Normally, I would always just watch anime and not read the manga, but I highly discourage that for Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun. The anime completely misses an entire part between Kou and Hanako that I feel is very important to their development towards each other. I didn't get the sucker punch of emotions in the anime as I did in the manga when Tsukasa and Amane were reunited, so I highly recommend reading it.

9.5/10 story
melinakk's avatar
May 2, 2020

this is amazing. i love it. its beautiful. FUCK the anime that shit dont even sum up the detail this manga has. i absolutely love all the characters in this. no character is the same and it's beautiful.

8.5/10 characters
inkei's avatar
Feb 29, 2020

I reccommend it.

Unique art style, amazing story and interesting, lovable characters.

It turns dark super quick and I've always been into that type of stuff. Was super excited when the anime was announced. If you can't be asked to read the manga, at least watch the anime.