Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun - Reviews

Alt title: Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun

Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun
Classeey's avatar
Jan 27, 2020

I started reading this manga when it came out in 2014, and I was hooked. I just now rediscovered it because it is finally getting the anime it deserved, and the art is as beautiful and unique. I really hope the fan base for the manga continues to grow. The story is fantastic. It's lighthearted, but can get pretty dark sometimes. The characters are absolutely adorable, I love everything from the designs to the expressions. Great manga, I would definitely recommend it!

Lilienne's avatar
Jan 23, 2020

The characters are so cute....and hanako kun of course. At first it surely seemed like a total light hearted story to do with ghosts but it actually does have a proper storyline with great rhythm. It is fun to read and sometimes it tends to get real dark but is really recommended  to readHanako being jealous

kaeya's avatar
May 13, 2020

Possible spoilers: One of the first manga I've read, and it's by far my favorite. The characters are so loveable, and the art style just gets you sucked in, reading it for hours. The story goes from light-hearted to dark pretty quickly, so be prepared. Normally, I would always just watch anime and not read the manga, but I highly discourage that for Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun. The anime completely misses an entire part between Kou and Hanako that I feel is very important to their development towards each other. I didn't get the sucker punch of emotions in the anime as I did in the manga when Tsukasa and Amane were reunited, so I highly recommend reading it.

9.5/10 story
bedsheetghost's avatar
Nov 20, 2020

can i please go one day without crying over this manga please please please

NyaaArigato's avatar
Mar 23, 2021

To find a manga, that is not shrouded by clouds of "OP-ness", and "CLICHE" moments, is incredibly rare.

Although, some readers of this manga love to focus on the ships, the focus by the authors are not as high as they appear. The larger focus of this manga, dives deep in the depths of the true art of storytelling.

This manga is truly rare, the rarest of its' kind, to possess the traits that make it what it is today, a masterpiece.

Believe me, I've read plenty, and I've seen my fair-share of "overrated" and "underrated" mangas, but this...this certainly takes the cake for "most underrated manga".

The sadness that it brings, with hardships and light, is truly unrivaled by any other manga.

What you will find when reading, are things that you will 100% not expect whatsoever. You'll try and think ahead, to think "ahead of the writer", but you'll realize that not only were you wrong, but that there's truly more, than meats the eye with this special manga.