Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun - Reviews

Alt title: Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun

Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun
kaeya's avatar
May 13, 2020

Possible spoilers: One of the first manga I've read, and it's by far my favorite. The characters are so loveable, and the art style just gets you sucked in, reading it for hours. The story goes from light-hearted to dark pretty quickly, so be prepared. Normally, I would always just watch anime and not read the manga, but I highly discourage that for Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun. The anime completely misses an entire part between Kou and Hanako that I feel is very important to their development towards each other. I didn't get the sucker punch of emotions in the anime as I did in the manga when Tsukasa and Amane were reunited, so I highly recommend reading it.

9.5/10 story
Lilienne's avatar
Jan 23, 2020

The characters are so cute....and hanako kun of course. At first it surely seemed like a total light hearted story to do with ghosts but it actually does have a proper storyline with great rhythm. It is fun to read and sometimes it tends to get real dark but is really recommended  to readHanako being jealous

Classeey's avatar
Jan 27, 2020

I started reading this manga when it came out in 2014, and I was hooked. I just now rediscovered it because it is finally getting the anime it deserved, and the art is as beautiful and unique. I really hope the fan base for the manga continues to grow. The story is fantastic. It's lighthearted, but can get pretty dark sometimes. The characters are absolutely adorable, I love everything from the designs to the expressions. Great manga, I would definitely recommend it!

weebthegamer's avatar
Apr 4, 2022

This is probably my favorite manga. I couldn't wait any longer for another season and caved into reading the manga. The characters are so cute and I love the art style so much. I originally went into this expecting it to be light hearted but wound up depressed. As I read the manga I only became more depressed. I love Hanakfo and Nene's relationship and how much Hanako cares for Nene. He is willing to do so much for her and sometimes it breaks my heart. I also enjoyed seeing Akane fleshed out more and really like his character. I also ship him with Aoi so hard. I also feel so bad for Kou as he continues to struggle over what happened with Mitsuba. There are also some plot twists that caught me off guard and look forward to getting more answers for. So sad that this only updates once a month but I patiently await each new chapter.

bedsheetghost's avatar
Nov 20, 2020

can i please go one day without crying over this manga please please please