To Your Eternity - Reviews

Alt title: Fumetsu no Anata e

To Your Eternity
Ponyo18's avatar
Sep 15, 2020

To Your Eternity is one of the best manga I have read this year.

Story: The manga follows a mysterious immortal being named Fushi, sent to the Earth with no emotions nor identity. Fushi is able to take the shape of those around that leave a strong impression on him. Starting as a sphere, he takes the form of a rock, then a dying wolf. As a wolf, Fushi meets a boy living alone.

Art: Although the art isn't like "OMG SO AMAZING 😍" it matches the story and I like that.

Characters: Fushi character development is amazing. He goes from a lifeless doll to a sweet kid. I am not going to talk about the other characters because I'd have to spoil a lot. But I will warn you, don't get too attached to them (spoilers) they either die or separate from Fushi.

Overall: 4.5/5 stars

7.5/10 art
Megirl6473's avatar
May 26, 2017

Ok this manga is very good but Very sad I love it but the tragedy tag should be first because people die a lot I'm not done reading yet so I don't know what is gonna happen but as far as I have read people just keep dying and the wolf actually only takes form of things when they die and is like attached to him emotionally and can also make things with his   powers I think is really cool and interesting.

Oh yeah I think the best place to watch it is kissmaga

0Haze's avatar
Jun 5, 2020

honestly this is one of the best mangas I ever read, and to be honest I red quite a lot you should defnitly read it.

Rosevecheya's avatar
May 3, 2021

Warning, while I remember to write so, but I am yet to finish reading. As I write, I am on chapter 99.

I'm not one for long reviews unless I have finished the manga/anime, but this one is spectacular. Not in the way I normally grow attached to series, but this is the most devastatingly splendid manga in so many ways.

Characters: Our main character, Fushi, learns, grows, and develops so much throughout it He is surrounded by an incredible amount of characters, who are all different and are all human. Even Fushi, an immortal, shows so many features that are uniquely human- faults, charms, all the like- and he never stops learning. Each character is individual and you grow so easily attached (although, I must advise against it)

Art: the art is wonderful. Charming, with lots of details. It’s sweet and suits the series' feeling and attitude well. Each and every character is well-made both personality-wise and in their art.

Story: The story is wonderful. It's so well crafted and immensely hard to put down. The melancholy feeling constantly surrounding it doesn't do much to stop this. In the plot being about an immortal who can 'inherit' the forms of those who have had a strong impression on him, it would be little surprise that many people die. You will likely grow attached, and it's no surprise that you will lose the characters that you grow attached to. However, you can be sure that they are continuously well-loved, even after their death, which makes it less hard. Yet, even in so much sadness, it still continues, and it's always interesting.

I am beginning to waffle, so I will sum it up. This story is fascinating, the characters are beautiful, the art is lovely, but over all, the experience of 'witnessing' this story is inexplicably unique. I would recommend this with all my heart, as, despite the story being perhaps tough in terms of characters, it is wonderful to see all that happens. It is splendid.

hajimenagumo12's avatar
Aug 11, 2022

(spoilers) this story has the incredible and ill say disturbing skill to make you love a character then kill said character in the most brutal way possible. i shall dislose their names in katakana. apologies to any bi-linguals

<pre id="tw-target-text" class="tw-data-text tw-text-large tw-ta" dir="ltr" data-placeholder="Translation">ママ・マーチ、ググ、パロナ、ザ・ボーイ、トナリ、ピオラン</pre>

to name a few