The World is Full of Monsters, So I Want to Live as I Wish - Reviews

Alt title: Monster ga Afureru Sekai ni Natta no de, Suki ni Ikitai to Omoimasu

The World is Full of Monsters, So I Want to Live as I Wish
hinatahonoka's avatar
Aug 30, 2019

This manga is really good! Basically before anyone knew, the world has changed into that of an isekai or a game-like world full of monsters and where levels, skills, and status exist.

This is an adventure where the modern world becomes fantasy and where the main protagonist has to strive hard for his survival,

The story is awesome. we normally only see reincarnated or summoned people to another world but this case is completely different, there's no truck-kun or the like.

The characters development and growth are explendid. You can clearly see the change on their mentality as well as secondaries characters distinct features, as for the MC is not a coward in fact he's really smart but oesn't run to danger like a full and is not OP he just thinks and a special think is that his companion is a dog that also has powers and is almost OP wich is very interesting

As for the art it is good but It doesn't reach the god level thus i didn't gave it maxium points

Shwiftymango's avatar
Jan 2, 2021

so the story is a little more realistic than some other apocalyptic world stories because the MC is less courageous than most othe mc of this genre. people in the comment of the manga said he is dumb and cowardly. but think about it if you were in this situation you would probably do some of the "dumb and cowardly" things he did.

axman5055's avatar
May 24, 2022

***Spoiler****: The character introduced in the first chapter does not die off shortly after this manga starts. You read that right, that loser, pathetic character is the MC, the whole manga primarily focuses on him. I know, it sucks, but that’s just how it is. Maybe around chp 20 he’ll get eaten and we can focus on a much better character, like maybe on of the washing machines he constantly uses as his primary weapon. Fingers crossed.

Continuing on, this manga should be titled “I throw cars and appliances at monsters all day long in a post apocalyptic world”. Not only does that title sound better, its far more accurate. I don’t understand the point of giving the MC all these “Spy”, “Assassin”, “Ninja” jobs when alls he does is throw cars and fridges using his item box. He supposedly picked “Ninja” because “this compliments my fighting style!”, how? Your fighting style is dropping stuff from your item box on monsters. Lame.

MC also has the healthy idea of “Nah man the smart thing to do is watch everyone around you die. No one can kill you if you’re the last one alive!”. Dude doesn’t even try to act like a member of the human race. There’s a reason humans live in societies and not by themselves, even neanderthals lived in groups. But our MC hasn’t even evolved to the point of being a neanderthal. You see he’s so much better than everyone else that he can’t possibly be bothered to join a group. He even goes out of his way to make sure to take every last piece of food so no one else can eat. At some point he says he just got 6-months worth of food from one store so what does he do? He starts going around to take all the food from all the stores in the town, because everyone else can starve to death so our lame MC can have 10 years worth of food all to himself. So hes a narcissistic too.

"Nah man thats what you should do in an apocalyptic world, you can only trust yourself man. You can't be around ANYONE else, they can all die!". <---- People who think that way are the ones who enjoy this manga.

So yeah, MC is an absolute loser. I can only imagine the person that thinks this type of MC is enjoyable.

emptymind's avatar
Sep 14, 2021

I liked how the MC was a bit selfish and kinda just wanted to be left alone, and Momo the inu held the entire thing together, but after the 12th or so chapter is was just boring.

NotAnAestheticUser's avatar
Aug 17, 2021

At first it seemed like something that I might enjoy but my interest was gone as I read it (so it is boring). So I skipped ahead it really showed me that this would probably have a female harem-ish feel. I am not a huge fan of the moodswings of the MC because he goes from smiling from killing a monster to being disgusted (cause he killed something) to smiling again. Also, I don't really like the fact they need to show a girl's panties and big tittes (ex. chapter 5) for no real reason except to get some horny people to read this manga. In short, the manga is very generic (in the average action genre -- you see the MC on a journey to become stronger to survive the monsters, but you don't really have a reason to stay and read the manga) and there is nothing special except for dog (who helps him).

4.5/10 overall