The Wizard and His Fairy - Reviews

Alt title: Kirikagohime to Mahoutsukai

The Wizard and His Fairy
Melanth's avatar
Oct 28, 2014

Overall 6/10 Kirikagohime to Mahoutsukai is a story about an introverted magician that collects objects he finds of intrest. So basically he's a magical hoarder. However, upon finding the trapped fairy on display like a freak show, he captures(rescues) her and brings her back to his tower.

Story 8/10 Over all the story is decent, however, I think it could have been built upon or spiced up a bit more. It was pretty predictable. I never was happily surprised at a development. It was a cross of Beauty and the Beast mixed with Howl's Moving Castle + a bit of something else.

Art 7/10 The art was decent and somewhat pleasing to look at, but the lack of shading was a bit bothersome and left me wanting more depth in the images.

Characters 6/10 The characters in this story were developed well, however, throughtout the story I felt as if there was something lacking in the core of the characters. They did get an in-depth background, which I was happy about because at the begining it seemed like they would cop-out of that, but I never really felt connected to them like I thought I should. Also, some of the more minor character's backgrounds were simply left out or vaguely refered to.

besma0003's avatar
Oct 16, 2019

It's a cute, light story. It reminds me of beauty and the beast. In this case, Beauty is an abused fairy and Beast is a cranky, handsome magician. The two side characters are what make it worth reading. Without them, the story would be pretty dry. So long as you aren't expecting anything groundbreaking, I think you'll be entertained by this story.