The Wilting Light - Reviews

Alt title: Aseuranhi

The Wilting Light
YaoiGodAbove20's avatar
Mar 28, 2021

The art is so dangerously gorgeous be sure to keep track of the story as well coz I was too busy staring at dem fantasy gays lol. Ok so Hwee-Un the general died in battle and got reincarnated into the body of a foreign vampire goblin, similar to MDZS and At the end of the road as mentioned in the other review, another native goblin later found him and whisked him away to goblin village. Un decided to call himself "Soha" after his lover which also happened to be the present goblin king. The actual Soha (current goblin king) kinda spurned Un at first but intrigued by the sense of familiarity Un gives off, he began to be more accepting of Un's presence.

Flashbacks of Un & Soha's first meeting and relationship amidst the warfare they were in was also shown to acknowledge how in love they were for each other. I already feel sorry for Harang man coz I know the dude's gonna end up a victim of one-sided love again. Moreover, I believe Un's reincarnated body's identity remains the biggest mystery rn as the owner looks hellishly menacing. Antagonist has also been introduced, now all that's left is the cliffhanger in the last flashback arc.

It's been 2 years and the second season still hasn't been out yet, if you're the type to binge read in one go then I suggest you put this off for now, unless you're craving fantasy BLs like me then dun stop this urge, just keep in mind that the story isn't complete.

anakis's avatar
May 27, 2019

"In war killing was my Duty. My Right. My Fate."

The Wilting Light is one of the manhwa I've read this year. The plot revolves around Hwee-un a General who died in a war only to wake up in a strange body and in a stranger world.

If you are a fan of reincarnations and/or historical fantasy I'd highly recommend this manhwa. The plot shares a few similarities with Mo Xiang Tong Xiu's Mo Dao Zu Shi and Haribo's  At the End of the Road (both of which I adore) with the exception of this manhwa being a love triangle. Overall this was a very entertaing read 10/10 would recommend.

Bloom19's avatar
Aug 4, 2022

Season 1 is now finished! It was really good but a little confusing on who was who? But I figured it out! <3

I love the art style it is so pretty!

The 24 chapters are not the end but the end of season 1.

9.7/10 art
9.2/10 overall
maelynn's avatar
Jun 8, 2020

Absolutely beautiful art and characters, stunning art like wow my eyes are blessed. Cried a bit, storyline was amazing. Wish there were more chapters because it was that good.