The Way to Keep an Older Brother of the Heroine Safe - Reviews

Alt title: Roxana: Yeojuingongui Oppareul Jikineun Bangbeop

The Way to Keep an Older Brother of the Heroine Safe
upsidepenguin's avatar
Feb 12, 2021

<Note: This isn't a reverse harem>

You're in for a ride with this one!

The plot is gripping, the art is phenomenal (so many hot people), and the characters are interesting. It's definitely twisted, but it's beautifully twisted.

Honestly, I didn't feel too uncomfortable reading this webtoon, probably because I was ready for the gore and cruelty of the situation, and none of the FL's cruel actions felt too out of line.

Plot: The plot moves at a reasonable pace. The reading experience is pretty intense. The world-building is nice, and there weren't many exposition dumps. I enjoyed reading how the FL deals with the situation. The events are interesting, and the backstories flow well with the present story.

Characters and relationships: The relationship between FL (Roxana) and ML (Cassis) is progressing at medium pace. It's not the healthiest relationship, but it's not uncomfortable to read.

FL does things expected of a villainess. She's accepted she needs to be cruel to survive. It's not the childish kind of cruel or the overboard nonsensical cruel, but one that is just right, and totally understandable in her dog-eat-dog family. She's cunning for sure, and in normal settings she could be considered evil... but this isn't a normal setting.

The ML is good. We don't see much of his personality yet, but he seems interesting. If his character is more dynamic in the future, I'd raise the characters score.

The FL's younger brother (Jeremy) is twisted (protective and yandere), her older brother (Dion) is even more twisted (I-like-to-see-you-cry and probably yandere; he's obsessed with Roxana, but doesn't seem to be in the incest-y way), with the father being the most twisted (just evil - treats children like objects and is very ambitious). The twisted sisters and mothers add to the story very well too.

I realize the brothers sound incest-y in this review, but while reading it doesn't feel that incest-y; it's just a twisted family.

Art: The expressions, the eyes (the details in the eyes are beautiful), the hands, the muscles, and basically everything are gorgeous. Everyone is good to look at. All proportions are well drawn. The art's one of the best I've seen.

The artist uses light well to emphasize dramatic moments. I'd say the relationship between the art and plot in this webtoon is similar to that of "The Villain's Savior". The art really matches the story - I'd say it even boosts it. There are no chibi moments that interrupt the seriousness of the story.

Overall:

I recommend you give this a try if you can stomach what's been stated in the tags. You'll probably like this if you like "Your Throne".

Btw, I was reminded of the song El Tango de Roxanne when I read the webtoon. I'd say the name and tone of the song suits the webtoon pretty well.

YukinaZero's avatar
Feb 12, 2021

First of all, the art is amazing. Like blindingly gorgeous, from the detail to the paints to the design, everything. The next most noteworthy thing about this story is the female lead. She is a very complex character with a lot of depth and the author does a great job of using her to her full potential. The main lead is kind of vanille personality wise but thats not really a bad thing. His situation alone makes him interesting enough.

The plot is really great though. It takes a while but after a few chapters of exposition it really picks up and keeps you on your toes. Some of the characters are honestly so easy to hate but the story does a good job of working with them and keeping you hooked.

Kurobaby's avatar
Feb 17, 2021

Exquite artwork, nice storyline, hot and good-looking men, gorgeous females... you name it, it's all there. I want to see more of the story so tell more about it but still, this is going good!

Le0na's avatar
Feb 15, 2021

i'm gay for everyone. i love it so much words can't describe.

MinRei's avatar
Feb 12, 2021

The story flows wonderfully, the art enhances the experience of reading as it sets the mood perfectly for every scene, the characters are well designed, the characters did not disappoint.

That's the short summary of my review since there's already a person who made good points there's no need to complicate. If you can handle the tags then this is a must try.

9.3/10 overall