The Villainess Behind the Mask - Reviews

The Villainess Behind the Mask
dingdong69's avatar
Dec 1, 2021

Your typical revenge manhwa, nothing more, nothing less. FL literally speed ran through her entire character development under one chapter. In just a few panels she turned firm a meek and shy lady that was constantly berated for being a 'fool', to a Mary Sue that is headstrong and can perfectly control her powers. (They keep calling her a fool, fool, fool, it's Hella funny, use a damn thesaurus!)

Oh the Male Lead.... the Male Lead.... Where do I even begin? He's the typical 'this-woman-is-interesting' guy. Apart from that he's as useless and 2-Dimensional as you can get. The ONLY reason the ML even here is for the FL to escape her forced Marriage. Other than that he serves no purpose. It even gets frustrating when he just randomly appeares out of nowhere to 'rescue' his 'lover' (yer Olde contractual relationship) when she could've just done it herself.

This is like one of those instances where every single character is made stupic so that MC can shine as the brilliant genius, but I digress. I didn't mind it much since it's been a while since I've read revenge story, I was prepared for all the holes in the writing. If you like revenge driven plots, I suggest to check this out. Give it 3 chapters, if didn't like it then drop it.

7.5/10 art
ItsAkira's avatar
Sep 27, 2021

I'm only on chapter 9 but I find this manga really captivating. Although its a little rushed is stilla great manga. I would definitly reccomend it to people who are intrested in revenge plot and a strong FL lead. I'll update my review once more chapters come out. :)

SenseiMedo's avatar
Aug 22, 2022

So rushed, charchter development all happens i n1 chapter , a 360 degree shift, no common sense what so ever. and  all the charchters feel 2 dimenstional and dont have any weight or depth, like seeing birds flying in the background.

Truthfully im suprised anyone can give this a rating more than 1/10 or even 5/10 if it were there very first ever webtoon.

Its very disapointing with lame story, lame charchters, lame pacing and rushed scenerio.

0.5/10 story
0.5/10 characters
0.5/10 overall
kaeruzyn's avatar
Feb 16, 2023

I think it progressed too fast. I was kinda unsettled with the ending because it felt really rushed. But overall, the plot is pretty decent

5.5/10 overall
lisasam123's avatar
Jan 19, 2024

I just wasted my time. Read if you really don't have anything else to do