The Unquenchable Mr. Kim - Reviews

Alt titles: Hoesawon K-ui Bimil, K's Secret

The Unquenchable Mr. Kim
Ponyo18's avatar
Jul 31, 2020

The Unquenchable Mr. Kim sounds stupid and corny, I prefer K's Secret.

Story: "Employee Kim Doyoon has been working for 5 years. He has one secret that he can't tell anyone else - the fact that he's a half-vampire born between a human and a vampire. One day, a single mistake turns his whole life upside down." Just from that explanation you can kind of get the gist of it. Sorry about it being so vague. I do like vampire stories, but this one, not so much. It's ok.

Art: It's decent (which isn't that good). The art looks weird in the beginning but I got accustomed to it. Like the facial expressions are unappealing. The H scenes are mediocre.

Characters: Kim Doyoon, the main character/uke, reminds me of Go Siwon from A Guy Like You. In a bad way. He is just too dense towards the seme's feelings. Then we have the seme, whose name I forgot so I'll just call him Director. Director is forceful and doesn't really take Doyoon's feelings into account at all.

Overall3/5 stars

A decent manga, I'm still reading it. It's bearable.

6.5/10 art
VICEcity's avatar
Jul 10, 2019

THIS REVIEW HOLDS SOME SPOILERS!

Story line~

It defintely holds the thrill of secrets, as the main character is a 'vampire' to be exact a half blood. The storyline seems to make me confused at the moment as I don't understand the 'laws' or 'rules' for the vampires for this manga. It almost like the authors of this series just splashed it in there to make it all jumbled up. I don't doubt the fact that all will be revealed soon, it's just it would be better to reveal some information about vampires early on in the series, to make the audience more understanding and infixuated on the manga.

Art~

The art is quite good, the use of colour brings a easier understanding of the characters emotions. I particuarly like this form of the make of the characters as they are clearly more sharper looking depending on persosn, such as the Doyoon Kim as his feautures are more softer compared to Kangwoo Lee as his fetures are defintely sharper and bolder.

Characters~

The characters seem to be treading well in term of story line, Kangwoo Lee is actually quite bold and cunning. I believe there are no problems with character at the moment. However I find them predictable.

I recommend it to if you enjoy to see BL on every scene and are a die hard fan to yaoi.

8.3/10 overall
Ahlex's avatar
Dec 31, 2020

i have SO MANY mixed feelings about this story.

the plot is not really that interesting, not super predictable but not creative either. the romantic plot is your average cliche + feelings and relationship developing faster than light speed. the amount of eye-rolls i made at the typical 'asking you out of nowhere to live with me' (not really asking, more like informing) or 'taking you shopping and paying all your clothes eventhough you don't want me too' or 'waking before you and making you a delicious breakfast you didn't even know i was capable of' scenes. everything was so cliché.

art is good and it gets better as the chapters go, you can clearly see an evolution.

characters all suck except jooyoung. seme is manipulative, controlling and gives kinda obsessed vibes. their relationship is toxic and manipulative. uke is bland, your average pushover. bread without salt. at first i didn't dislike him but as the story progressed i kinda got annoyed by him. there are times in the manhwa where i don't dislike them, others i do... like i said: mixed feelings.

now jooyoung, jooyoung is the reason you should read this. not just his character design (he's so hot help, what a crush) but his personality. he's funny, charismatic, bold, caring, warm, kind-hearted.... he will pull you through this comic because you want to see him smile and happy at the end (and also see more of him because he really is super beautiful). it really is worth it to read this for him. the only interesting, emotional parts of this story are his arcs.

so, my final thoughts are: this probably won't become one of your favourite comics unless you like or don't mind clichéed romantic stories and stories with nothing original happening, but it's not bad, the art is good, and it's worth it for one (1) character that deserves the world.

astraph's avatar
Jan 14, 2022

As many other people have mentioned already, this Webtoon is... something, I'll say that.

Insert "spoilers!" warning here. I'll try not to spoil too much, but I still think there's parts that should be mentioned. In all honesty there's a lot of "spoilers" in the story itself because it's predictable as all hell at some points.

Story: K's Secret has a story, that's for certain. It almost feels like there's multiple plot lines that just blend together into one huge story that's a little complicated to understand. A common review you'll see is that the concept itself is rather unoriginal, but I'd say the author did a good job making it unique in it's own way... but then there's also very cliche moments that you'll fully expect from the beginning.

As I said above, some parts are very predictable. Then there are other parts with insane, sudden plot twists that'll send your head spinning in confusion. Things will randomly be dropped on you when you never had any expection of it happening before, and the story will just rush over it then go "oh, yep, that happened! A huge event happened... but anyways, sex." Yep. Best way to sum it up in my opinion.

This story is very, VERY NSFW. It's kind of weird at some parts? Somehow, the author found a line between vanilla smut and BDSM smut and stayed on that line the entire time. It's kinda repetitive but it gets better over time, I suppose. But if you're looking for an uncensored version you'll need like $30. The art near the end makes the payment worth it I guess, but it's not so great at the start.

Art: Arguably, this is the main allure to this Webtoon. The artstyle at first wasn't so great. Something so interesting about reading this is that you see the artist getting better and better at drawing throughout every single chapter. It's one of the things that makes reading this worthwhile. I could see people just using some chapters as oneshots, they won't need much context for the somewhat bland smut scenes. However, if you're reading for more than just the pretty looking smut scenes near the end, you're gonna want to start from chapter 1.

Characters: Cliche. Expected. Somewhat mysterious in ways that are never even explained. As another reviewer mentioned, Jooyoung is probably the best character. He has some actual development throughout the story and in the end readers will find themselves getting attatched to him. I wish we had seen more of him and his story, especially his relationship with Yoon's parents. So much was glossed over and barely explained about his backstory. Sure, he's not the "main character," but I'd argue he's the backbone of this entire series.

Yoon is pretty. I like him for that. But he's also really dense and selfish at times. At some parts I actually was able to pity him which is a pretty good development, I guess. But let me tell you - he barely changes throughout the beginning of the story and the end. Classic uke energy.

As for Kangwoo... I have no idea how to feel about him, honestly. He's a mystery throughout the entire story and I feel like we barely even learned about him. At some parts, he seems very manipulative and even... cold? He's implied to be sadistic in the first few chapters but changes over time into someone who basically only thinks about sex nonstop. Still a fairly average seme.

Overall, I don't know what I just read but I still recommend it if you're bored someday and want to admire pretty art and an "okay" storyline. It probably won't be one of your favorites but it's still worth reading.

8.5/10 art
5.5/10 characters
meewo's avatar
Aug 22, 2021

Great plot, and the art gets amazing the further you read. I love the story. It's a cool fantasy about vampires living in the human world, and their relationship with humans. I wasn't the biggest fan of the NSFW scenes, because it felt as if was always just one was enjoying it, or neither were enjoying it.

It was funny at the start, but is more dramatic once you get halfway through. An office romance turns to an interworld with vampires real quick. The boss also tricks the employee into dating him at first, which isn't very cook. In his defense, though, the employee was just using him as well.