The Tyrant's Sister - Reviews

Alt title: Living as the Tyrant's Older Sister

The Tyrant's Sister
RailEcho's avatar
Feb 2, 2020

The heroine is fresh and enjoyable but the main love interest is so dull and aggravating. We never really see the themes of her past life showing through - it's like the author forgot, just seems like a filler starter.

The art is gorgeous.

The antagonist step sister is way to overplayed.... The little brother theme is cute though.

I had a lot of hope for the story but so far it's just like so many others...

The male leads obsession and power trip-like-ego is a huge turn off and I have my fingers crossed that the author kills him off and let's the heroine have a happy ending with Lancelot 🙂

Other than that... There is no genuine meat to the story. It's pretty boring really.

Raizelascrea's avatar
Apr 3, 2020

WHY IS NO ONE MENTIONED THAT THIS MANWHA ART LITERALLY WHOLESOME MEME?!

I personally been holding myself to stop screenshotting every panels because well we gotta save good meme right?~ hoho~

(i know both of the reviewers said that the art funny and gorgeous. Chill)

Anyway, who cares about this and that. The manwha so far easy read and hilarious. I would say this one suitable to cheer up our empty rotten soul. Until i have a change of heart and this manwha become boring, nothing gonna change my opinion.

Notes :

• I kinda forgot but the first two chapters haven't  really show the crazy meme art side yet to introduce the reader the plot.
  • Although the art style isn't as "smooth" as the other popular isekai/historical manwhas, i believe the reader won't get dissapointed by the art after figured out the funny parts. Therefore it's 9.99 for me. 0.01%? Just like you all i'm still a fan of "smooth" art lul~
  • As i mentioned it's easy read (so far), but of course there's still a drama going on just not feel as heavy with the help of the art style.
  • Last, the storyline goes perfectly with the art. Boring? No, i would say that this manwha has basic storyline of bright comedyXromance genre. if someone expect to read such a gloomy dramatic plot this maybe not the one.

Conclusion, yep i'm extremely hooked with the art.

Have a great day!

goldenrayed's avatar
Jun 11, 2020

Personally I didn't enjoy the story that much at all.

All the characters annoy me and the author seems to forget that the main character was actually reincarnated but we see very little of her previous life. Everything seems too cliche in this novel and the plot seems very fleeting and unstable.

IrisWhite143's avatar
Nov 13, 2020

It's hard to describe, but I just didn't like it

Gegegeji's avatar
Feb 14, 2020

As of chapter 42, we see a focus on the relationship between the main character and main love. The main character has a good history and personality, but she (if not all characters) are portrayed less serious and more comedic.

We know that the main character is in fact, not a princess by blood, therefore bullied by the actual step sister of the king. We don't see much of her after a few chapters unlike most princess webtoons. The main love is a hard head, but easily jealous. Theres not much background history to him as of right now and I hope that all characters will be given a little more in depth story soon to add to their personality. It's just a bunch of angry/comedic points where you just dont see much character development.

The art is what I have the most trouble with while reading. 60% of the art is shoulders up, theres some time where they show hips and up, but most of the story are zoomed frantic faces foaming (in a funny way.) The background does not have any changes in it. In the main love's "headquarters," we see a blurry blue/dark painted glass windows and that's about it. No other section of the place is revealed, and this also goes for the Kings palace. We at least see more sections of the areas but there are no transition background images.

Overall, it's an okay story. Probably my least favorite out of all the current webtoon/princess franchise, but still a good read to pass the time.