The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest - Reviews

Alt title: Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja

The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
May 19, 2019

This entire manga is centered around showing off Matthias's overwhelming advantages over the other people around fem. Fe has no weaknesses and nothing fe has to overcome. If you enjoy a story consisting entirely of people ooh-ing, aah-ing, and staring with mouth agape at the innate superiority of someone while fe responds with humble-arrogance, then this manga is the perfect fit for you. As for me, the lack of any real challenges for Matthias quickly got dull. And feir constant condescending smirk makes me want to punch fem in feir face.

[Reviewed at chapter 22]

WonderofU129's avatar
May 30, 2021

Seriously which idiot wrote this it started off so good it's like iron rusting .Its totally boring after 5 chapters Im dropping it I don't want to read it. and I usually don't drop any manga no matter how bad it is.

goldengradient's avatar
May 29, 2021

Disappointing aspects: the world makes no goddamn sense. None. The demons aren't logical. The only way to consider the logic of the conflict is to consider the demons in a meta sense*. And trust me. There's no way this has that caliber.

Why I read it: it has the absolute minimum of my interest, but I'm also reading it stoned and having a hard time with work. If you're lazy and looking for a predicatable, crisply drawn escape then here ya go.

* I personally see the potential in demons being the desire in readers for conflict and more intense fights. There's a brief line in the first(?) Chapter about him wanting to become stronger to fight things in the ""universe"". As though if there was an ending to this it would be the mc realizing that all his troubles and enemies were the creations of writers and either give up seeking power, rebuking fighting and live a peaceful life or break into reality and idk, turn to dust as we all do?

But there's no fucking way

Altohaddock's avatar
Apr 21, 2022

The story was around Mattias who was way too overpowered. It wasn't like siatama overpowered because it wasn't funny at all. It was too serious for this type of manga. I would say it was two hours of my time wasted

AllarkVarkk's avatar
May 1, 2021

The story is generic and boring, the main character is a dense idiot and has annoying girls with him. Very boring to read. There is a prequel of this story and so far from what has been released it is much better, story and art. For anyone wondering the prequel is called - Senmetsumadou No Saikyou Kenja: Musai No Kenja, Madou Wo Kiwame Saikyou E Itaru.