The Siren: Becoming the Villain's Family - Reviews

Alt title: Seiren: Akdanggwa Gyeyang Gajogi Doeeotda

The Siren: Becoming the Villain's Family
iheartkisame's avatar
Apr 24, 2022

art is amazing but the story so far is kinda bland and boring. its cliche, not saying cliche is bad but i think you have to wait for more chapters to come out for the real story to start to be told. the romance is barely there so it will take awhile. the characters themselves are normal, basic sweatheart girl who wants to help everyone and suffers from past mistreatment and cold male lead whose whole fmaily is cold but secretly soft.

ladidie's avatar
Jan 9, 2022

The FL, Aria, is a Siren who has the ability to charm, lure, control, and heal others by singing. Her mother, Sophia, was kidnapped by Count Cortez as his own prized siren, and Aria was born as their daughter. Soon enough, she got exposed to society and the emperor grew obsessed with her, breaking her legs and locked her in a bird cage to keep her all to himself. One day, an Archduke named Lloyd Cardenis Valentine asked if she wants him to kill everyone there. Aria died in the hands of Lloyd due to her weak body, but she was forever thankful for him for showing compassion to her. She then got a second chance at life, so she decides to live for herself. The art is purely beautiful, matching just like the novel's art which surpised me. The story itself is pretty unique, but up to what I am reading now, I am not sure what her main objective to change her fate is. The FL is ADORABLE. She chooses not to speak to others to seem as a weak person, so she writes messages instead. The ML is HOT and cold towards the FL. There hasn't been a spark between them, but the side characters can fill in for that. They all have their own struggles and dealing with everything differently, I can't wait to see what happens next!

kumacat's avatar
Feb 4, 2022

I LOVE THE ART! It is so interesting <3 I am really enjoying the plot too and I want to see Aria's life get better!

Kidding8's avatar
Feb 8, 2022

The FL is abused by her own father and sold to a dukedom.FL is too pitiful. The story is good. Art is amazing. Character development is good too. So far I loved it and obviously recommend this to everyone.

Jane0269476's avatar
Feb 9, 2022

Let's get the art out of the way; it's gorgeous, but I find the FL's eyes unnerving (honestly, not a big deal). The story is decent, unoriginal, but by no means bad. If you, like me, have read too many of these stories, you may find it boring; the same tropes are reused, but at least the plot is picking up. I really enjoy the FL, she is proactive and tries to use her powers to help those who have helped her; although, besides that, she's not too interesting. The characterization for all the characters is very shallow and chock full of cliches and tropes. Although, where I'm at, the story is starting to pick up (25), and the political intrigue brewing in the background is promising (cliched, but seemingly entertaining).

TLDR; besides the art, this story is mediocre and tropey with a few elements of intrigue (like the FL's powers) but still entertaining since it does the elements it tackles well. Nothing to write home about, but not frustratingly incompetent.

6.5/10 story