The Second Coming of Gluttony (Novel) - Reviews

Alt title: Tamsigui Jaerim (Novel)

The Second Coming of Gluttony (Novel)
somebodywhoreads's avatar
May 18, 2020

This book is top 20 for good reason.

The only thing barring this from a ten out of ten are several parts of the story where I felt needed more attention. Same for the characters; while it does handle character developement very well, there are some inconsistencies with the behavior of the character. 9.5/10

The translation had no problems. 10/10

9.5/10 story
9.5/10 characters
Raideroz's avatar
Mar 2, 2023

No one normal reads long reviews, so I'll try to keep it short.

I'm also not going to elaborate on the characters, their development, story, world, power system or other such aspects, because they are simply of the highest level. I just want to highlight the fact that until now I have never been able to "enter" the world from the book in such a way. The author wrote it so brilliantly that you could literally feel how overwhelmingly strong the enemies are and how hopeless the situation is at times. I also never felt such hype during the fight scenes, at times I sped up my reading because I just couldn't stand the tension anymore and wanted to know what is going to happen.

Hats off to the author. In my opinion, the best Korea has to offer.

NarutOnePieceFan's avatar
Jan 13, 2022

The Story is Very Good which ends with full closure when you include side stories. Even Main story ends on a satisfying note. Our MC is not extremely OP just a little bit OP from the beginning. And the MC do not have the ability to do everything alone, he gets support and help from friends. Overall, the struggle shown of evolving from weak to strong and then stronger is very thrilling. Other Characters are pretty decently and sufficiently written. The Novel is great and i liked it.

I hope above points help people determine what to expect from the Novel atleast.

Rushiaanastasia's avatar
May 16, 2021

This story is good, the plot is good as well, I just want to ask.

Can anybody tell me where can I read chapter 61 of the manhwa?

Or is it in hiatus? Or still ongoing?

9.8/10 story
D3generat3's avatar
Feb 23, 2021

would be better if it didn't take like 400+ chapters for the MC to have sex. Everyone in the world he is in are mega hoes yet he ain't getting laid while having a harem????? It's not like nobody is interested, he "wrestles naked" multiple times YET they don't fuck. Otherwise pretty good.