The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent - Reviews

Alt title: Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent
mathismagic's avatar
Apr 7, 2019

The description really doesn't do this story justice. It's not particularly focused on that at all. A better description would be that Sei, the main character, is summoned to a new world of magic she can't leave. She ends up finding a place with the magical herbal researchers on the outskirts of the palace, attracting the attention of a handsome man she saves, and learns more about magic, transforming the field with her knowledge from her own world and her magical strength.

marj05's avatar
Aug 5, 2020

I LOVE this manga to bits. Why? Ohoho. Let me tell you.

The story line is so cute and engaging. It's a fluffy story that has good dynamics. Since there's magic involved, the rules for magic actually make sense. The story has minor twists and fun surprises that keep you engaged. The characters are lovable and they're all so sweet. Like it's hard not to dislike them at all because they're human. They have their downs, sure, but they're relatable. The art is super cute and adorable. It's a beautiful mix of fantasy, medival, and magic. Also the main character so super relatable.

If your looking for a cute manga to brighten your day, I would HIGHLY recommend this.

Heywhat's avatar
Oct 2, 2023

This manga probably doesn't work very well for a more mature audience.
"Sei", the protagonist is the perfect representation of what shoujo mangas in general, try to convey as the "perfect Japanese woman". She has no personality other than being kind, hardworking and low maintenance.
The story develops for her to "shine" but in that unsatisfactory way where the protagonist is always pushed by other characters because she is "too modest to have ambition".
I have nothing against a character without ambition, on the contrary, but I really hate it when the protagonist doesn't want to follow a path, but is forced to and everyone acts like it's beautiful and satisfying because she's getting recognition, but is a recognition she didn't want, in a pushy and forceful way.

She is just TOO passive. Everybody assumes she will help, even though she was summoned against her will and ignored, and guess what? She helps. Sometimes it seems like she's going to set limits... and then she ends up just going with the flow again. It's really frustrating this idea that she's "more like a saint" because she's passive. I don't really know how to explain this, but it's as if Japanese shoujo authors tried to convince you that the perfect woman doesn't want anything, doesn't complain about anything, and just accepts everything with a smile. It's similar when in josei, MC has to be chaste and not desire any contact or romance, like a doll without personality, which makes ML end up a bit rapey since she has to reject any contact to be considered pure.

You can see more of the author's outdated thinking when the other girl who was summoned is seen as someone "less than saintly" because of the prince's actions. It seems that no one realizes that neither "Sei" nor the other girl had any obligation to help these people who basically kidnapped them. But they still think they have the right to judge. AND NO. This arrogance is not portrayed as arrogance, but as an absolutely common attitude, even from Sei's allies.
I'm sure the other girl will end up being a villain, but as far as I read, she hadn't done anything wrong, but everyone was already complaining about her... She doesn't heal some soldiers, but that's because the prince didn't want to take her.
She goes to train in a forest to "level up" but considering that they want her to go face monsters, they are not doing more than their obligation, but they still complain that some soldiers had to go and take care of her.

In the end, this is one of those mangas where the protagonist is generic, the people around her are annoying to anyone with a sense of justice, and the world is so uninspired that it hurts.

RavensFlight's avatar
Oct 16, 2023

We start off with a trope, then a second trope, and another, but then it chills into some nice casual potion making. Best part of the entire story right here! It has none of the world building or detail the best manga have, but it's better than the rest of the manga. The moment the story starts leaning more into the saintess angle, it drops off hard. Suddenly the main character is dumb as bricks, nothing new is being developed, it just becomes a slog. Also, corset slander! Reminder to all writers and artists out there, corsets aren't torture devices, they aren't pulled that tight, and humans are squishy so even when they are pulled tightly they aren't painful. They only hurt if they aren't properly made. It quickly becomes obvious there's no more substance in this Isekai, solidly cementing it as totally average and generic. I don't see any reason to continue reading it, I don't even sense potential.

lesleestar's avatar
Apr 16, 2021

I just like how the story goes unlike other stories which focuses on people fighting each other, this story doesn't have any of that instead the people are all kind and of course the main character herself. I can somewhat relate to her curious mind and that's what makes this story amazing for me. I also like that they paid attention on the details regarding the main character's subconcious thinking and how the other characters react to it. There are still a lot of information that is concealed about this story like the type of magic she can use coz as far as I have read is that she does have holy attribute magic which still remains a mistery for being ♾️ but there are other attributes like fire, water, earth and wind and other special attributes, and she hasn't shown anything about what kind of attribute she is capable of yet. Although this story also is romance I like how the story keeps progressing in a balance way, they don't focus much about the romance but while reading it you can still feel like you're in love ☺️ I don't know but that's what I felt while reading. ✌️ Plus I like how the characters are drawn, you can obviously tell the difference of good looking people and normal looking and i'm in love with Albert-sama he's also my type but there's something bothering me about him, why is it that when I look at him carefully I just think that his eyes are way far from each other, I mean the space between the nose bridge to his eyes is like too much. What do you guys think? 🤔