The S-Classes That I Raised - Reviews

The S-Classes That I Raised
mangaisbetterthanime's avatar
Nov 23, 2021

The manga is relatively new but so far it's pretty decent. Art is really good and characters are portrayed well. The MC goes through a time regression after dying in a dungeon. He's been weak all his life but receives a skill after the time regression that allows him to nurture other players and the stronger the players he nurtures then the stronger he gets.

8.6/10 overall
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Dec 21, 2021

The story starts in earnest in chapter five. The events before that are just prologue that set the stage and shouldn't be interpreted as indications of the story's trajectory.

I very much like the central premise of the real trajectory, where Yujin is able to recognize the latent potential in others and then draw out that potential using certain keywords and stuff. I hope that fe will remain weak and that the story will instead primarily focus on the high-class hunters which fe finds and raises. The best part is the tension of Yujin wanting to use feir Caregiver skills to boost feir allies, but holding back out of the embarrassment of saying the keyword "I love you" that is required in order to activate those skills. It's funny and also makes it so fe won't go around influencing and powering up everyone in sight.

I think the biggest weakness of the manhwa is that the interpersonal relationships are pretty lackluster. I think there's a lot of potential for this story based on its premise, but it'll have to improve the way it portrays the dynamics and bond creation between characters. The artwork can also be kinda underwhelming at times.

[Reviewed at chapter 14]