The Red String of Fate - Reviews

Alt title: Akai Ito no Shikkou Yuuyo

The Red String of Fate
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Apr 7, 2021

Keiji has seen couples without red strings of fate eventually break up, so fe has the impression that relationships with disconnected strings are doomed to fail. Or put another way: fe believes that relationships with connected strings are doomed to succeed. Fe genuinely worries about the potential inevitability of feir fate once feir string ends up connected to some cute guy. Fe seeks out ways to cut the string or sabotage the development of their presumably fated relationship--by avoiding Hiro as much as possible and being abrasive when they do run into each other. Fe wants to choose feir own partner! The story is short and has a very predictable plotline, but it's generally enjoyable because of the cuteness of some of Hiro and Keiji's interactions.

Characters look essentially the same. Thin faces. Eyes stretched to the sides of the head. Simple blades of hair-grass. Long, straight noses. Whether the hair is blonde or black is the biggest differentiation, but that leads to people of the same hair color being easily mistaken for one another. Like, there were a few instances when I mistook Yui for Keiji and only realized I was wrong because of the surrounding context. I don't like the sloppy flower effects popping off of Hiro to show feir calm-happy, puppy-like aura, nor the look of Hiro's closed eyes during these scenes. The blushing and stuff isn't particularly cute either. The explicit sex takes place within a post-chapter, and is short and not the most exciting. It adds emotional sensuality by having Keiji call Hiro by feir first name during the coitus.

XxHuaChengxX's avatar
Dec 14, 2020

I liked everything about this manga personally! The story wasn't too much but was just enough for me. Wished it was a bit longer though. The art and characters are what made me even read this manga anyway. Which makes me really happy that I did. The art style is so pretty!!!!

Ponyo18's avatar
Jul 30, 2020

The story revolves around Keiji and Hiroki, two college students.

Story: Keiji has the peculiar ability to see the red string of fate. One day, he sees that his string has been connected, but at the other end of it is a guy! Hiroki is obviously in love with him, but Keiji refuses to believe his fated pair isn't a cute girl.

Art: Gosh, I just love this artist.

Characters: Hiroki is literally so adorable and he blushes so easily. Keiji's got that tsundere vibe but it was annoying how he'd yell at Hiroki half the time.

Overall3.5/5 stars