The Reason Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion

Alt title: Geunyeoga Gongjagjeolo Gaya Haessdeon Sajeong

Add review
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Mar 9, 2019

From the first chapter, I was hooked. At least for the first arc of the story, which I will say ends around chapter twenty-three. The first story arc, especially the first seven chapters, was much more engaging than the current one. It started as a story filled with conspiracies and people trying to manipulate each other in order to achieve their own goals. Raeliana was a driving force; she was pushing the plot forward with her own actions. Starting with chapter twenty-four, she started to become more passive than active--letting events happen to her rather than being the impetus for the events. And even though there are still some conspiracies and political shenanigans, the story started focusing more on the will-they/won't-they between Raeliana and Noah. I would score the first arc as a 10/10 and the current arc as a 4/10.

When drawn with detail, all of the characters are attractive and enjoyable to look at. And when drawn more simply, the characters are often adorable. But at times, the artist fell off the tightrope of simplistic art and drew panels which looked simple or amateurish but didn't evoke that sense of cuteness which they were intended to. Luckily, these lapses were a rare occurrence and the vast majority of the artwork was great.

[Reviewed at chapter 41]

anakis's avatar
May 27, 2019

The Reason Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion is a fresh breath of air when it comes to shoujo isekai manhwa, every action the heroine takes is to protect herself as the only reason her character exists in the novel is to die and provide the chance for main characters to have a meet cute, the hero doesn't fall in love with the heroine in an instant for some unfathomable reason even after being called conniving every time a side character gets lines (I'm looking at you Empress of Another World).  What further separates this manhwa from other isekais' is that even Eunha's first death is an unsolved mystery and possibly it has some connections to why Raeliana is a target for murder even after escaping her fate.

Overall the plot is engaging, the characters are charming and the artwork is beautiful, if you're looking for a a light-hearted romance I'd definitely recommend this.

ishadream's avatar
Aug 3, 2019

I really liked this series. The mc is strong but doesnt show it much and shes funny. The only thing is after season 1 (chapter 1-50) From what the preview said, it looked like the story is starting to become a sort of reverse harem. Personally im not a fan of reverse harems at all and I think im gonna drop this because of that.