The Princess's Jewels - Reviews

Alt titles: Hwangnyeoui Boseokam, The Princess' Jewelry Box

The Princess's Jewels
Manthika's avatar
Sep 30, 2021

With a very... unique art style, this manhwa is about a spoiled princess whose goal in life is literally to become empress so she can marry multiple men... if you can get past the way many side characters are drawn with squid outline faces (squid meaning ugly in Korea) and the art style in general, you then have to also get past the character personalities... kudos to you if you manage, I failed pretty fast.  I was just blatantly bothered by this one.  The FL was really off-putting for me.  And the highly stylized art didn't help.

It read like a low quality manhua

AFL's avatar
Dec 23, 2021

I love the whole bitchy fl fufufufu. Ngl I was so tired of the weak, abused and nice type of MCs. It's really refreshing to see a strong fl for once! And she is so hot I was having a bi panic after😩. MLs are also just gorg! I am in love with Nell and Lemon honestly ughhh . This manhwa is definitely worth reading if you don't mind the rev harem stories !!! Story does not seem to be very deep so far so  mostly I am reading it for the visuals iykwim 😏 I wish there was a novel so I could continue reading it but there seems to be no novel for this series so we gotta wait !!!! Can't wait for next chapters

machiabeeli's avatar
May 3, 2022

Bro I had such high expectations for them and they ended up burning in a field, after a spectacular crash landing.

What drew me to this is a strong and capable female lead who willingly chose to create a harem with whatever methods she has on hand. She believed surrounding herself with men who are capable would prevent her from being ousted out of her position as the Emperor's favorite child. There is some merit to her plan but that's where it ends.

It saddens me so much because we actually get such a diverse cast of men, not just the stereotypical dukes, princes, and mage from the magic tower. We get men from other countries with backgrounds deserving of exploration, for both the readers' and the FL's satisfaction. But we don't explore them at all! What we do get are backstories shorter than the neck of a worm and they have no personality whatsoever.

Basically, the FL is Ash Ketchum in a fantasy romance setting. The MLs? Her Pokemon.

Reverse harem is a genre I can stomach if done right. I say, pass on this one because it's not worth your time. I would instead recommend The Little Lady Behind The Scenes. Reverse harem with personalities for each characters that actually are relevant to the story!

Dropped at Chapter 4.