The Newlywed Diary of a Witch and a Dragon - Reviews

The Newlywed Diary of a Witch and a Dragon
tempesthorne99's avatar
Apr 25, 2021

Review:

The story starts with the "drunk s*x theme." It explores some complicated human relationship problems, manipulation and a bit of obsessive love. The two characters are dealing with different mindsets, one being human and another being dragon. There's so much misunderstanding and toxicity in their relationship, that it was weird how they resolved it easily. They need to communicate well, or they need good character development.

From chap.29, they have kind of moved on and fixed it. I'm giving a low rating as, I am not a fan of this kind of writing style, which has full of loopholes and lowkey irritating.

Synopsis:

A genius witch finds herself entangled with a dragon after a drunk one night stand. Now, the two have to deal with each other after making a vow that binds them together.

7.5/10 art
Trashmi69's avatar
Aug 30, 2022

This might be my bias but I honestly how manipulative the male lead is, sure he probably might change but I'm not willing to sit through all the manipulation just to get to that part. It anyways starts with drunk sex, so fuck that. Not giving this manhwa a chance.

ReaperRiceCake's avatar
Jul 23, 2022

At first, i believed the plot would be about witch & dragon world, but neh. gl is a light femdom, dragon is a sub & possessive puppy (and hidden reverse harem!), the plot is mainly about their misunderstanding, miscommunication and species differences. The gl is not in true love, she misinterpret between possession/control and being beloved. I'm not in the mood to read relationship drama and end being frustrated, there is no epic battle, almost no dragon form (only one time).

This manhwa is tagged with "sexual content", but there are no sex scenes neither nudity. sex scenes are only suggested by words. Plus, they are in bed always all dressed, lmao. Other romance manhwa without sexual content have real soft sex scenes.

EDIT : it becames more and more boring so I dropped it.

Dropped chap 90

Lehvira's avatar
Jul 30, 2023

This is one of the most terrible story which I've ever read at webtoon. Serisously...what was that?

If someone were to ask what the story is about...I couldn't answer because nothing happens for 100 chapters and at the end of the series there is a small plot. But if you curious....SPOILER

There is a guy Aiden. He takes the opportunity to have a good night with the main female, Wendy. After that night Wendy wants to forget everything but Aiden demands to take responsible for her action and become his wife. Because Wendy made a promise to do whatever she can to became equals so she can't refuse that or she would lose her magic power. So Aiden continoue to manipulate her, lie to her until she became his wife. At the ceremony he forget to mention that he gave his heart to her so she got a dragon heart. They feel the others emotions so absolutely perfect for manipulate her. After that nothing important happens... Wendy start to change and became more like a dragon... more dragon appears and Aiden wants to kill them just because they exist...and etc. Nothing important just many unnecesarry panels with them where they're jealous or misunderstanding the situation...or irritated by others and ignore many important things. I claim that every chapter was better when they weren't together....oh...and at the end therewas a small related plot. End. bye ~

Art
At least the art is great. There are few stories on Webtoon that I like the style and the art more than this one. I absolutely love the colors and the expressions of the characters are more enjoyable. So I don't really have problems with that one...maybe the dragons sometimes are really ugly but this is my own preference.

Worst main characters ever! I think I never hated fictional characters more than in this story. Which is sad because I kinda liked everyone at the beginning... but 20 chapters later they started to irritate me. I understand that Aiden is a dragon so he is kinda an animal and has territorial protect instincts but it was too much for me. He is only kind with Wendy but an icecold jerk with everybody else. He will be constantly frustrated and upset if someone went near his beloved and plans to kill them...not to mention how manipulated he is. I couldn't forgive for him after the wedding when he gives his heart to Wendy...and after that incident I started to hate Wendy. She started to change.. she became more and more like a dragon. Always angry, jealous, irritated and that's not the dragon's heart fault, but arrogant... I don't like the way she acts near other characters. And it was ridiculous how she loved beautiful people. She more easily forgive certain things just because they were...handsome or beautiful. And I still claim that it is not love...she doesn't love him.
But my heart start to bleed when Rossi changed. She was such a sweetheart at the beginning...but after her wedding...how can I say? She became more obsessive with Wendy and start to be bossy with Nick (poor guy..) How can she say that he is not as handsome as Simon into his face? Or said that she is the only one who can boss around him? Ah, nevermind... I think she became annoying. At least Logan stayed a good character and I also really liked Cain.

Curiousmadra's avatar
Mar 29, 2022

At first even though the relationship was fast paced, I thought the plot was interesting between a head witch x puppy dog dragon working together. However when it came to chapter 19, the FL didn’t accept what the ML was doing even tho she said she didn’t actually mind committing in the first place. I felt the relationship could’ve waited because I still felt we don’t really know the full story with Aiden as a dragon and I did feel the relationship was forced as well as the romance. Yeah I have to drop unfortunately which is a bummer as I really hate dropping Webtoon..