The New Gate - Reviews

The New Gate
Engokuki's avatar
Aug 11, 2017

first.. I am biased in favor when it comes to anime or manga that involve a game/another world unless it has too much ecchi

The multitude of characters: insane power of the main character and his servant(?) and the look of shock of the next generation characters when the mc uses a lost technique or brings out old money/rare or legendary crafting materials.

As for why I rate the story a 5 is because the overhead quest is to get home to the original world, which is boring and played out. The only redeeming part of this open world manga are the side quests, like saving a cursed fox or defeating a break-dancing undead skeleton who wields a holy sword. <tell me that isn't unique and interesting.

I have high hopes for future chapters, only wish they came out more often

Gaiun's avatar
Jun 25, 2021

Instantly a good read for me, it feels different from other manga I've read. It feels so far more like a story of a hero who is tying up his final regrets before leaving the world behind, to be fair though, the story can be slightly boring as it has been played out a lot in other manga but somehow at the same time, watching the interactions with other characters between the mc, the way he meets his old allies, it feels as though he isn't really meant to be in the world he's in, his time came and passed into legend, now he's finding his way home and fulfilling their final wishes. Also, damn, chap 34, wtf! That was an intense chapter! This tear of mine... I've read tons of sad books and all that but for this to come out of nowhere kind of broke me for a second. Goddamm

zeddych4n's avatar
Dec 1, 2017

For me ,this story is quite normal to me for I have seen or red several manga and novels with this kind of storyline , but what capture me the most is that in has a mc where he approach the story differently and to sum it up I enjoyed it and would enjoy it more for it's still far from ending. so that's it.

6.5/10 characters
5.4/10 overall
Yoshirin's avatar
Feb 2, 2022

This is a good read, I like the romance part, Better than those manga with just romance tags with no development at all. Mc is strong and does things in order. Avoids standing out very much but not completely.

There are many satisfactory moments, And each character are intresting if you think about them seriously.

This also got a game adaptation back when the LN were ongoing.

I really hope this gets an anims adaptation!

Real789z's avatar
Sep 18, 2022

I really like the story and the art. Its a greate isekai, and its really living up to the genre, its kinda like Sword art online tbh its probaly because of the game genre.

I hate that the main chatere is so dense, literly all female chateres is sexualised, I get people like that with (ecchie) i mind, but tbh its just kind of annoying then is this over done, its like dude come on they are begging him to be more than friends, its annoying that story dosent chose between having "Romance" and not have it. CHOSE ONE DAMIT, hate that big tits is part of the plot.

Edit:1

Well I have been thinking, and I guess the reason its bad, its because of the plotholes and lack of a goal/Reason, Its not clear whats the goal is, if anyhing its him seaching for way home, but if thats the goal why does he care about people dyinging if its just a game for him and he want to leave the world. The story dosent make sense.

DXD have better story and better tits than this shit, all the guild things is like, why does he even bother, then he is so strong why does the stupid clishe end, its like "Oh now I have to gather a herb" why bother dude can go out and kill dragons and shit and get better rank, the guild dosnt make sense as an organisation anyways.

The story is so bad/annoying because its not making any sense, and its more a DXD story than, a adventure/isekai

Well overall a 4, its a Classic, but I feel annoyed by reading it