The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Reviews

Alt title: Goemul Gongjakgaui Gyeyang Gongnyeo

The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess
Shubhamj441's avatar
Jan 31, 2020

This is an amazing webtoon. Its a story of a girl which should survive her abusive family and gets adopted by an amazing family.

YukinaZero's avatar
Jul 10, 2020

This manga offers a new take on this genre that not a lot of other people are exploring. It's very plot heavy so I can't really say much without spoiling it but I'll try.

The main character in this story is an actual child. Some might find this a bit unappealing but I took it in like a breath of fresh air. Her childish innocence was also a great plot point for some of the stories progression. I hate when authors belittle a females intelligence by making her do something stupid just to move the plot along but here you have a very good reason behind the protagonist's mindset.

I don't really have any complaints about this story at all. In fact I'm anxiously waiting for the releases of the new season so I highly recommend this to anyone interested. Also the male lead is a bit older then her and I really like that. 😶

mdroste's avatar
Jul 9, 2020

This is an amazing manga I think it is worthy of an anime adaption.

angelordemon's avatar
Jun 12, 2020

This is such an amazing story that pulls you in and makes you want to keep reading. It's about a girl named Leslie who has the power of darkness, but was born to be a sacrifice so that her sister could take her powers away. Wanting to live a normal life without any abuse, Leslie went to the 'Monster Duchess' estate to ask her for help in return for having the 'Dark Saintess' on her side. The first 60 chapters are about her struggle to survive against her family and being adopted by the duchess. The story weaves together very smoothly, 100% reccomended.

MinRei's avatar
Sep 8, 2020

As of Chap 64 I have no complaints. 10/10

The only minor things that I used to not like before were, the villains being dumb, they kept doing what evil things they do despite failing every time and the family easily accepting her (the mc) in their home.

Then I realized, dumb evil people like them exist in real life and no matter how busted their deeds are to the public they still wouldnt quit because they convince theirselves that they aren't the ones at fault.

For the Salvatore accepting her I also realized that kids really do have that effect towards us. Whenever there's a kid (as long as they aren't annoying) inside a household filled with grown ups like the Salvatores, it would make them want to take care of her and even spoil her.

For the mc being a kid who was abused, I like how she still has compassion in her heart in the way that although she is cautious of her surrounding she doesn't let it turn her into the people she hated.

Now for all the other characters especially the Salvatore's, I love them, Even the servants in their household are on the mc side. For our ml though, the romance part is still not there but you know, you don't need an extravagant gimmick to get two people together, sometimes you just need to show that they are there for each other.

Also I really loved the time skip part, it's like seeing the characters grow up, and I may have gasped a bit with our ml glow up.