The Master of Diabolism - Reviews

Alt titles: Mo Dao Zu Shi, The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation

The Master of Diabolism
Len453's avatar
Apr 28, 2020

Honestly one of the best mangas I've ever read, it does a pretty good job at following the novel! The art is amazing and all the necessary emotions are very visible and you can't help but love wangxian from the very begining!

Super recommend this manga to anybody who doesn't ming going through a slow burn (but amazing) BL romance.

While it ultimately leads there the dyanmics aren't only romantic but sibling and friendship relationships along the chapters is also nice and visible

Magika's avatar
Nov 23, 2019

This is by far one of the best manga I have ever read, and the only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is because that honor is reserved for its amazingly epic source martial, a Chinese novel by the same name(which you should read if you love this manga).

The story follows the life of one Wie Ying, a powerful and bright cultivator from the Jaing-ling sect. He's free-spirited and not afraid to cause chaos. But the story opens with his death and unwilling resurrection a few years later(If that doesn't have you curious I can assure you it only gets crazier).

This manga does have some romance themes, but from what I've seen so far they are never actualized and instead stay themes. Though if the thought of a fulfilling epic romance between two men makes you uncomfortable this is not the manga for you.

Overall it's a great read, with beautiful art, and rememberable characters and I can't recommend it enough.

(And if you want to read the novel here's a link: https://exiledrebelsscanlations.com/the-grandmaster-of-demonic-cultivation/ )

9.8/10 overall
YukinaZero's avatar
Aug 9, 2020

This story has such a distinctive video i can't find any words to explain it. Its so calming yet exciting to read at the same time and I can't help but get a happy so lucky feeling while in reading this.

the characters are all really amazing kt and the 2 main leads have such great chemistry it really surprised me. I dont think I'm wrong in saying that a lot of gay Manga's feel a bit to forced and awkard sometimes. Like the characters playing v out the scenes are just that and such a situation could never happen in real life. Yet in this manga the interactions between the main leads are are so natural and wholesome and pure. I love it. 😊