The Magic in this Other World is Too Far Behind! - Reviews

Alt title: Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru!

The Magic in this Other World is Too Far Behind!
Manthika's avatar
Nov 4, 2019

Between unnecessary ecchi fanservice and ‘telling’ rather than ‘showing’ how things work- this manga is packed with speech bubbles crammed everywhere and full of too many words for a casual read.  If I wanted to read a ton, I’d be reading a book, not a manga.  The panty shots and focus zooms on breasts aren’t even tastefully done and I can only think the artist was trying to compensate the terrible writing.

It took me a couple tries to get past the second chapter to give it a chance (came back on different days) because I couldn’t fairly give it a review from two chapters.  That said, it doesn’t really seem to get any better.

I don’t mind the cliché isekai theme, that’s… why I was reading this.  I wasn’t even expecting originality (which was good because there was none) but there’s no plot worth following.  No real conflict or drama, nothing interesting imo.  The art is decent but a lot of the panels are crowded by speech bubbles and word vomit and missing any form of background.  Now, I have nothing against reading.  What I’m against is 5-6 bubbles in a small panel.  What I’m against is 20-something words of exposition shoved into speech bubbles like every character doesn’t know how to talk properly and they’re lecturing each other constantly.  What I’m against- is this manga’s writing.

SpiritSlayer's avatar
May 6, 2018

**Spoiler Alert**

Unlike Other "Another world" genre manga ,The summond mc is actually powerful than mages of that kingdom but hides.He already has magic power that highly advanced in his world (our timeline),But Truth of Magic in his world hidden and only a few people knows that (sect ).His world is Currently our modern world with machines everywhere ,Magic is considered as a superstition .Thus for his Companions Summoned world is Fantasy -magical world.But Mc is disppointed with Magic of summoned world as it lack much compared to his  modern magic.Moreover he refuse to kill demon king which was the reason they were summoned.He also have a motive for that....

GODLYNUTT's avatar
Jul 20, 2021

shitty story, at first when i read the synopsis it had potential but it should have been dropped by the translator at chapter 4 like the mc is the most retarded person I've ever read

Astolfocalibur's avatar
Jun 3, 2021

Mc became garbage as soon as the demon general got introduced did the authors neighbour murder him and took over because it sure seems like it