The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (2005) - Reviews

Alt title: Zelda no Densetsu: Kamigami no Triforce (2005)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (2005)
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Oct 31, 2020

So, the first three chapters are alright, but chapter four went way too far with glossing over stuff to just quickly get to the ending. To be fair, none of the temples even in the Light World really had immersive fights or anything, but once they entered the Dark World they just jumped through six or seven temples in a manner of panels--barely even showing glimpses of what was going down. There's a few scenes in chapter two where Link seems to get randomly transported to different areas through no apparent mechanism; it was a bit confusing. I was also a bit confused when Agunim came back in the fourth chapter since I thought Link had defeated fem in the previous chapter. And it bothered me how they'd draw characters with their mouths closed while they're talking, just to try to make them look cool or something. Ganty's entire character arc felt like it was just a summarization rather than actually delving into feir developing and changing feelings. The basic story itself is pretty simple, but even such a simple story could've been made interesting if the author had given the characters time to latch onto our hearts (though honestly I don't know how relatable Link's "hero" character can ever really be).