The Lady Tames the Swordmaster - Reviews

Alt title: Gildeurineun Gongnyeonim

The Lady Tames the Swordmaster
omakamochi's avatar
Jun 1, 2021

Witness the story of a grown woman who's inhabited the child body of a villainous woman who's tortured and belittled her favorite character. Now, knowing this and all th evil deeds that have been already put into effect, the fl tries to right her wrongs. How, you ask? By giving the tortured ml time and space to heal? By apologizing? By doing what literally any grown woman in the body of a child would do that could slowley yet surely mend a broken relationship? No. Instead, she, and I quote, am "Gonna squeeze myself into your life no matter what it takes. It's all because I love you!"

Yes, I'm serious. She sidesteps all logic and forces her way into his life, which begins to further unnerve him, because in her previous life she was a super huge fangirl of his character. The way you can actually see the mls visible uncomfort when she's touching him without consent and invading his personal space is really sad, and whatever relationship they're going to have later on is even worse. The fl is an airhead who's supposedly a grown woman, she doesn't think before she acts. She's supposed to be the "dense airy but cute" archetype, but it comes off as endearing than it does charming. Everything she does sours her plans of "Getting roel to like me!" And the story revolves around that fact.

Not reccomended at all. You're better off reading "When The Villainess Loves" because at least the fl there has a brain amongst her constant fangirling.

Manthika's avatar
Sep 24, 2021

I mean. MC is a ditsy, obsessive stalker.  ML is a cold guy who the MC isn't even all that clear about why she loves/stans him so much besides her past fandom.  All the side characters hate MC based on her past and rumors despite her being chill and all bark and no bite for years after transmigration.  The art is not very good at all. The story is kind of boring.

It's still readable, if only barely.  Like, I could sit here all day insulting it but when it comes down to it, I still am curious what happens next at the end of each chapter which is more than you can say for a lot of bad webcomics so it would get an average 5 from me for that alone except for what happens later on... I can't spoil it because that would be unfair.

But let's just say certain characters don't understand the concept of consent or boundaries.

Jezzy121's avatar
Jul 8, 2021

I tried to like this story I really did the art was okay not the best but you can tell it was getting better the more chapters you read but the main character was painful I was expecting her to get better maybe to mellow out some but plain and simple she's annoying.  I got to the chapter where she meets the 2nd female villainous and it was just awkward the MC just acts like a really creepy overly stalkerish fan girl and it really becomes grating after a while.  If you like more childish MC's then this is the story for you but if you want to see personal growth of your MC then I recommend something else.

Rapidery's avatar
Jun 1, 2022

Listen ive read the reviews and so have you, the start is like any isekai girl reincarnates into noble body, and yes it starts basic, but don't be fooled, later on (currently on 57 chapters translated) it becomes complex, the story takes a complete different turn, characters turn out different than expected and EVERYTHING changes, the feel, it even felt like the genre changed. Yes at the Start i was planning to Rate maybe 3/5, but once you get past the tipping point it gets nail biting and making you wondering what happens next because the author sure likes to throw you for a loop

art is nice, not gonna lie at the start it looked not the best, but as you go you realise it has a nice charm to it, and scenes that need be are very very well done, the Color is great and it fits each scene perfectly

The characters started cliche but ends up completely different, some parts are predictable but later on each character has a very well defined personality, they don't act the same and feel like they are real, not just some illustrations and words

overall, I think it is an amazing read, it takes a bit and you might get bored but persevere and you will be rewarded!

TL;DR: ignore other reviews (or don't) and read it, it gets really interesting later on!

TheEpicGamer145's avatar
Feb 7, 2022

Good in the Beginning, Boring afterward

In the beginning, I liked this one as it was refreshing as the FL fell for the ML first and the other way around. Her nature was funny in the beginning but it soon became boring and annoying. The FL is weak and has too much of a conscience.

Spoiler

She was not even able to reject a guy properly. She gave a vague response.

It can be funny in the beginning but after some chapters, you will be bored.

Just my personal opinion.