The Lady I Served Became a Master - Reviews

Alt title: Mosideon Agassiga Doryeonnimi Doeeobeoryeotda

The Lady I Served Became a Master
xcq's avatar
Mar 6, 2021

It has a very very cliched plot. Girl gets reincarnated into her favorite novel and now is obbessed with not messing up the plot so her favorite character can live happily. The art is very pretty which is why i rated it so highly, but after 30 chapters of the mc not realizing that her entire existence will change the flow of the novel and still being obsessed with having it be the exact same as the original flow of the novel gets really annoying fast which i find to be a big flaw with a lot of these "oh no i was reincarnated into that novel i read in my past life!" manhwas. The story is really slow as it goes straight to the point of chloe actually being a guy and liking the mc and then jumping into the past while excruciatingly slowly explaining all the events up until then. And also the good looking MLs falling in love with such a simple person at first sight after seeing the plain MC who legit did nothing but stand there gets really boring after youve read so many fantasy romance manhwas.

The characters are pretty stagnant from the start as they all keep their original personalities and dont really change that much. EX Chloe(idk their real name) has the sterostypical cold cruel to those that arent their crush and only shows his soft side to his crush and the MC is a happy go lucky girl whose only purpose in the story is to make the main ML chloe open up

2.5/10 characters
Manthika's avatar
Nov 10, 2020

The summary and the first couple of chapters were... misleading and confusing.  It's all very... 'you're a man?!' 'oh, it was just a dream, haha' and 'I remember when we first met' *cue backwards timeskip* and then the story actually seems to start.  So you'll have to get past that to get anywhere, but then it's a story about a girl who got isekai'd being the maid to the main character of a story she read in her past life.  Kind of irritating, but it is what it is.

From there on, it's pretty average.  'I'll be the support system for the main character who is currently abused and has nobody else!'  Pretty cliche these days.  Potential for an interesting romance if 1) the gender bending actually happens irl in the distant future 2) they end up being lesbian lovers or 3) any of the male leads getting involved romantically.  Definitely plenty of room for shipping, anyway.

Some things are interesting, but it's not quite what I was expecting.

IrisWhite143's avatar
Nov 13, 2020

I'm still waiting for the moment she realizes, but it really good so far. Honestly, I hope they run away and live happily ever after.

molopower's avatar
Feb 23, 2022

At the time of the publication of my review, I've read 79 chapters which should give me a firm understanding of the story. I really like the first part, that is while the male lead is a woman. It's quite enjoyable. But once he reveals his true gender the story gets tedious. The main character becomes retarded; for fuck's sake, the guy confesses to you and you still don't get it? It's only once we hit around chapter 75 do they form an actual couple. I also think the surrounding characters and world is unfun and dull.

ShreyaReadsALot's avatar
Apr 2, 2022

I just love lady Chloe ... And I love how strong-willed and cool Blair is. I love watching how their relationship develops over time.

I'm really enjoying the romance between Blair and Claude.