The Indomitable Martial King - Reviews

The Indomitable Martial King
oninpon's avatar
Apr 2, 2024

[Dropped by chapter 19]

It's just a childish story trying to be unique but if fails due to it being random and lighthearted beyond measure when talking about heavy objects like slavery.

The story has progress and decision problems, but mainly it's the comedy that's introduced that breaks it here.

It's simply not realistic or logical that MC has 4 "demon generals", he himself said that they just protected themselves so they retreated constantly, while expanding their power. The MC wasn't planning to build empire or kingdom, even if he was, why would he go to the route of the cliche demon king plot (one demon lord with four demon generals under him).

Everyone is basically racist, but what we see isn't racists, we just see foolish people that don't listen.

If people are racists, and they treat all other races as objects or tools, then that is what we should see! Why would a person break their iphone just because? This manhwa  just wants to evoke emotions wantonly so they either introduce comedy when it's not appropriate (bad comedy, like MC being super strong but not driving away nuisances, or MC being stupid cuz it's a diffrent body or ...etc) or they introduce heavy content (like killing an elf while f*cking, and MC sees, just to make MC mad enough to kill the dude).

Just freaking show what you want to show without added sprinkles.

Here's the opinion of some random commenter:

"Reasons why I’m a hater: he said he couldn’t save FMC because that will make it harder for him to regain his magical power(excuses but okay) and he needs money, coincidentally there’s a money cave and he just so happens to finish his training to go with the people visiting, and then he fools around with kids, leading them down dangerous paths when he could finish the monsters quickly, but then he walked with the Femboy even though he could run faster than a horse, it’s like he just going at his own pace leaving FMC to wait for him and the author had to use isekai slave troupe. Really bad writing, regression for what? See the Female Lead get sold as a slave again? Buy her when you can take her, it’s like the author said “Don’t steal that candy, steal money
then buy the candy, hoho isekai slave troupe and bad plot, what do you mean you don’t like FML being naked sold as a slave, it builds character kid, this is outrageous! It’s reality so suck it up loser, huh? My work is fiction? What kind of nonsense, look what I made, two nobles SA two elf corpses, that will make you like the story hoho.”. What a way to resolve the trauma of getting SA, you off them because once again the MC was
too late. He sure loves walking up the stairs when he’s stronger than hulk."

I agree dude.

Almeta99's avatar
Apr 5, 2024

Not recommended but okay if u have nth else to read. Story tries to be serious yet ruin itself with badly timed comedy. Mc could have been better yet became a dumb ass for the sake for plot.

3.5/10 overall
IReadTooMuch's avatar
Apr 8, 2024

The plot could have been better developed and the characters' actions don't always make sense. Overall, its not bad and the art is decently good.

uniDJar's avatar
Apr 26, 2024

Action packed and fun.

reviewed at chapter 26 on 26.04.2024

peekachu's avatar
May 20, 2024

The first chapter established the main desire of mc, to establish a nation where other creatures won't be looked down. Then from 2-6 chapters, there is the ridiculous scenario of him reincarnating as his enemy. Story was still okay till then, it had potential.

Then author didn't had anything left and had to introduce various stupid fillers. So, I dropped the story. Basically mc is helping shit people for no reason, even though those people are badmouthing the mc. It doesn't match with character of mc. And so I realised author has no more ideas left.

Overall, don't waste time on this.