The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It My Life Had It Made - Reviews

Alt title: Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei

The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It My Life Had It Made
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Feb 7, 2020

Shinka no Mi might best be described as a parody of isekai stories with ridiculous, almost absurd, humor. Seiichi eats Seeds of Evolution, which allow fem to grow stronger, and fe also was given an ability to gain skill cards and a book containing the knowledge and life experiences of feir defeated foes. Through this ability, fe's able to see things from a more nuanced perspective and empathize with the opponents fe's killed. The manga also seems like it's slowly piecing together events from the past which will probably lead to Seiichi learning some deep, dark hidden truth about the country or something.

Other than that, I guess what set's this manga apart from other isekai stories is that the first girl in feir harem is a gorilla (or technically a Kaiser Kong). True, this girl spends a good portion of feir time in feir traditionally-attractive human form, but fe also spends a decent amount of time in feir gorilla form. I would honestly prefer it if fe didn't have the human form at all. It doesn't add anything worthwhile to the story and it detracts from the sentiment that love can transcend physical appearance. Each story arc could probably be split into the stories of how the different girls get added to feir harem. With the first girl being the gorilla Salia (ch. 1-5) and the second girl being the misfortune magnet Altria (ch. 6-14). They've now started a new story arc, and since it's still in its nascent stages, it may be too early to guess who the new harem recruit will be. The way I see it, there are two candidates: the adorable dog-eared girl May and the donkey Lulune (not "donkey-eared," just "donkey"). My best guess is that it'll be the donkey, 'cause that's just how this manga do.

[Reviewed at chapter 15]

Maru69qrd's avatar
Mar 24, 2022

Isekai is like pasta, it's the same thing every time, just in a different shape. Heavliy saturated like the romance genre, it's all cliche's and tropes. The outpouring reviews you see on the anime is proof. This is neither bad nor good, it's just another isekai pump and dump. Verdict: it's just there, watch it or don't, read it or don't, you neither gain nor lose. It's alright to pass some time.

4.5/10 characters
Eular's avatar
Mar 31, 2021

Throughout this manga the MC seems to become very op very quickly which for some people can be nice as you get to see the MC completely destroy everyone and everything but at the same time there really isn't much to expect once this happens.

This manga does exactly that and the MC becomes (as far as I'm aware) the strongest being in existence in this world simply because he ate a fruit

If you enjoy watching a MC destroy everyone and everything with a bit of ecchi/nudity then this is definitely for you but don't expect much as you can guess what's going to happen 90% of the time but if you have nothing else to read then give it a read for sure!

-Eular