The First Night With the Duke - Reviews

Alt title: Namjuui Cheonnalbameul Gajyeobeoryeotda

The First Night With the Duke
lancelegstrong's avatar
Nov 23, 2020

To all the people who dropped it after reading one or a few chapters, you're being ridiculous. You should know damn well that you can't judge a book by a couple chapters. You're ignorant to the actual depth of the characters and growth. You learn about their pasts and learn more about their personalities. They're not one dimensional, as others have stated. The Duke isn't nasty or sadistic. He's in no way a yandere and the FL is in no way an idiot. She is hurt from her past and finds it hard to let others in. She doesn't want to hurt him as well and wants him to be happy with someone else. You're all so quick to judge something you've never actually read. 🖕The ML is my favorite character so far. Screw the cynical haters

9.5/10 story
9.5/10 characters
MonarqueCeleste's avatar
Aug 17, 2020

Oh boy. Unless you are a teenage girl there is no way and I mean absolutely no way you'll enjoy this story. I feel like this came out straight from a 15yo girl's wattpad story. There's so many things wrong with it and I won't go into too much detail to not spoil it but I can say this, the first 2 chapters are enough to make you think "wtf did I just read?!".

Edit : Seems like some people don't get my comment. I read more than 2 chapters obviously, I just said from the first 2 you can pretty much see where the story is going. I only comment after reading at least a dozen chapters.

Secondly, when I say you can't enjoy it unless you are a teen i'm obviously exaggerating to show you the absurdity of it. But seems like some people take it literally. Yall can enjoy whatever you like. Don't let a random comment (Mine in that instance) on the internet affect you. Read what you wand and watch what you want. And be safe out there.

tempesthorne99's avatar
Apr 22, 2021

Giving 10 for the entertainment value.

Review:

Oml this girl is such a chaos! She's funny af HAHAHA LOL. SHE TRIED. I mean she really tried everything so she won't get engaged but she just ain't a good actor. She's just good at eating, drinking, and mixing cocktails!

But funny girl aside, I can relate to what happened to her. I just didn't experience that much trauma unlike hers. I think she's that kind of a person who hides their hurts and insecurities behind big jokes and wide smiles. In a way, the Duke complimented her, though my qualm is he's kind of pushy and forceful, he did make her come out of her shell and confront her past hurts.

Synopsis:

Ripley reincarnated as a count's daughter and was excited to live a fun life and watch the ml and fl of the story to meet up and marry. But GIRL! Who would've thought her drunk ass to snag the Male lead's first time and made him propose to her the second time they met?

Curiousmadra's avatar
Dec 7, 2020

Just your typical isekai with a forceful duke.....yeah no thanks....

*Note- this is only my personal opinion , I did read it , it just wasn't for me. If you're triggered by my dislike, please ignore me and go by your opinion with the webtoon concerned*

YukinaZero's avatar
Aug 28, 2020

The male lead seems like hard-core yandere and that's never really been my thing. Also the blond fetish, was wierd.

4.5/10 overall