The First Night With the Duke - Reviews

Alt title: Namjuui Cheonnalbameul Gajyeobeoryeotda

The First Night With the Duke
lancelegstrong's avatar
Nov 23, 2020

To all the people who dropped it after reading one or a few chapters, you're being ridiculous. You should know damn well that you can't judge a book by a couple chapters. You're ignorant to the actual depth of the characters and growth. You learn about their pasts and learn more about their personalities. They're not one dimensional, as others have stated. The Duke isn't nasty or sadistic. He's in no way a yandere and the FL is in no way an idiot. She is hurt from her past and finds it hard to let others in. She doesn't want to hurt him as well and wants him to be happy with someone else. You're all so quick to judge something you've never actually read. 🖕The ML is my favorite character so far. Screw the cynical haters

9.5/10 story
9.5/10 characters
MonarqueCeleste's avatar
Aug 17, 2020

Oh boy. Unless you are a teenage girl there is no way and I mean absolutely no way you'll enjoy this story. I feel like this came out straight from a 15yo girl's wattpad story. There's so many things wrong with it and I won't go into too much detail to not spoil it but I can say this, the first 2 chapters are enough to make you think "wtf did I just read?!".

Edit : Seems like some people don't get my comment. I read more than 2 chapters obviously, I just said from the first 2 you can pretty much see where the story is going. I only comment after reading at least a dozen chapters.

IrisWhite143's avatar
Nov 13, 2020

A little unrealistic, but still really cute. I don't really like the FL lead though...

YukinaZero's avatar
Aug 28, 2020

The male lead seems like hard-core yandere and that's never really been my thing. Also the blond fetish, was wierd.

4.5/10 overall
Some1ridculous's avatar
Dec 7, 2020

Just your typical isekai with a forceful duke.....yeah no thanks....

*Note- this is only my personal opinion , I did read it , it just wasn't for me. If you're triggered by my dislike, please ignore me and go by your opinion with the webtoon concerned*