The Faraway Paladin - Reviews

Alt title: Saihate no Paladin

The Faraway Paladin
TruckSama's avatar
Nov 16, 2018

First of all please don't hesitate to read this manga.

STORY 10/10

The story is pretty well made even though isekai manga is being quite popular nowadays. But I found it interesting because of the mc, he is humble and kind I love how he is trying his best to satisfy his way of living because he is unable to do so in his past life. The story gets interesting each and every chapter! (It made me read thetlight novel which is not I am accustomed to because I couldn't wait for the manga release)

9/10 ART

The art is able to meet up my expectations, especially the MC. It always doesn't have to look flashy aslong as everyone could feel that the MC is alive and have emotions aswell. What I mean is that, they dont need to be handsome or tall or mascular to be loved by the readers. Aslong as we could feel the warmth and love of the character the art has no problem with me.

I'm giving it a temporary 9 because it still lacks something.

10/10 CHARACTERS

Okay so basically the MC is one of the best characters ever. I'm not overhyping it but you should know when you read it why I'm saying this. You would totally love him and also understand him along the road, all the hardships and the reality he has to face in his life and even his affections for those who took care of him is genuine. He is not some MC who wants to have a fucking harem and still stay a fucking virgin till 100 chapters. What I mean to say is that he is different from your typical Isekai MCs. Read it and you will know why !

9.5 OVERALL

FINALLY AN MC WHO DOESN'T HAVE A HAREM. JUST YOUR PLAIN OLD FANTASY ADVENTURE ACTION MC. IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS KIND OF ANIME.

Overall this is pretty great, try reading it and don't hesitate.

In the end we all have our own opinions and tastes, please kindly respect my review and I hope this would help you read the manga or even buy it to support the author. You won't regret reading this one.

I still have some to say in my mind but I don't know how to put in it words though.

runouce's avatar
Oct 10, 2019

STOP!

just read this manga. don't hesitate, you'll thank me later

Manthika's avatar
Mar 14, 2020

Action!  Drama!  Feels!  The Faraway Paladin is chock full of some of the most raw unadulterated paladin energy you can find.  Not to mention epic plot and originality.  I laughed aloud, cried actual tears, and freaked out- all of that by chapter 10, though the story continued to affect me just as much afterwards.  Good lord this was an unexpected treasure I stumbled across.

I wouldn’t call it the best of all time or anything, but it is extremely well written.  The art is more than decent, and it’s all very immersive.  The characters have individuality and personality… it’s very good.

There is no light without darkness~ there is no joy without suffering~ and dang is this manga a journey.  Make sure you're prepared.

ShoyoHinata25's avatar
Feb 25, 2019

-Read Chapter 14-

-No Spoilers Here I Think-

This manga is AMAZINGLY good. The characters are well developed, and I got way too attactched to them probably only around chapter 3. However, if you dont enjoy crying tears of joy and alittle bit of sadness then you probably shouldn't read it. Actuallly, read it, it's worth the crying. Also, the plot and characters are not very steriotypical, and there are entertainig action scenes as well.

The main character is not stupid or ditzy, if he has power it's not just because he tried really hard and made a wish--he actually worked for it his entire life, and his skills are NOT presented in a way that they seem unrealistically overpowering. In his new life (it's a reincarnation story) he overcomes his past trauma in a sort of coming-of-age way: gently, subtly, but still progressing. He realizes the worth of family in his new life, and the worth of life itself.

All of the characters are endearing, and easily loved--except for the villians. As of yet I dont think the villians are the incarnations of evil, as this manga is very gentle and pure. I would say it is probably a story mainly centered around character development, yet still including well-done amounts of action, adventure and everything I want in story, including that I have not noticed any loose ends. This last one might just be because I am too absorbed in the story, or that the author is epic-- either way that means (to me) that it's well-written.

:) I hope to read alot more of this story in the future

pii2huii's avatar
Jul 18, 2021

This manga is right up my alley. Exploring what it means to be a hero, to be human. The Faraway Paladin is a diamond that, in my opinion, outshines Mushoku Tensei. I highly suggest to go read this manga first before reading this review, or any review.

As of chapter 33, the story has some cliches but they are dealt with wonderfully. No struggle Will has gone through felt unrealistic or deus ex machina. Every character, even side ones, feel like you could see them as real people in front of you. They could exist somewhere on Earth and you could completely buy it. The world building is perfectly paced. I can't wait to see more of the world itself.

William is pretty much if Rudeus wasn't a neckbeard. He laments over his lack of willpower in his previous and current life, and gains courage from that (with his family). He doesn't journey to be a hero, he goes on adventures purely to help other people with the goodness in his heart.It's enjoyable because he has taken the teachings of his mom and dad and grandfather and applied it to his charity. Will is neither cold-hearted or naive, striking a perfectly balance (of course he still has his flaws, the biggest being inexperienced with the world around him).

All the characters, whether it's Melen or Bee or Tonio. The main cast all clearly have their own experiences which contrast to Will who has so far gone through a minor amount compared to them. As Tonio said best "Because we shall make up for all the aspects you're still lacking." It doesn't go with just Will. They main cast play against each other so well and so naturally you'd think they were childhood friends. They're able to highlight the effect Will has on bringing people together.

It's a magical manga that seems to have an no other manga/novel/manhwa/manhua have ever given me.