The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Reviews

Alt title: A Stepmother's Märchen

The Fantasie of a Stepmother
CilginAshley's avatar
Jul 19, 2020

I REALLY like how the main character is not looking for romance (although it seemed like she would) she only acts motherly and like a family towards children. Even though she went through a lot because of them in her previous life. I like she DOES  NOT DEPEND ON A MALE ir use the information from her previous life to cheat. I totally recommend it. It's hilarious and intriguing.

9.5/10 story
mastermoocher223's avatar
Nov 12, 2020

I really hate it when there are all of these time traveling mangas where these teens and full blown adults become children and act the age they look like. These 20 and 30 year olds should not be acting like 9 year olds just because they’re in the body of a prepubescent. Rants aside, Suri is as mature as her situation would demand, with a couple moments when she acts a little childish because she’s mentally around 17 or eighteen with her childhood stolen.

Her relationship with her adopted children is really sweet and I adore the romance because it doesn’t rule her life or decisions. Suri also doesn’t have to fake-marry her future love interest for power and isn't a pushover in the slightest while holding onto a femine indentity. Too often power or respect is equated to phsyical prowess or how well a woman can do a "man's job".

Also the art is AMAZING

Milved's avatar
Jul 3, 2020

Not quite the stereotypical time-travel story, as the fl doesn't construct her own downfall the first time round. Instead, she is murdered during an attack on her coach when travelling through the forest, which sends her back to the past, where she is determined to foster a better relationship with her children the second time round.

The plot progress is slow but well-paced, so it does not feel as though it is dragging. It is highly detailed and well thought-out, so is very intriguing. The artwork adapts to fit both the serious and comical side of the story, and the clothes appear to be well within the time period, which is a nice change for once.

Would definitely recommend reading.

8.5/10 story
8.5/10 characters
8.8/10 overall
LuckyPancake's avatar
Jan 17, 2021

[REVIEWED AT CHAPTER 57]

First off I just want to say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the art. It fits so well with the time period, and when the author really wants to make somebody real scary, they're way of shading just creates shivers down your spine. Like their shading is wonderful for dramatic situations and I think that's what really shines in the art department. Also, their comedy art style (idk how to call it) is pretty good.

The plot is very intriguing, giving the reader just enough information for you to be able to guess some events but still be in suspense. Though sometimes things can get confusing with all the flashbacks and stuff, just remember that flashbacks/her first life has a black border, and 2nd/present life is a white border. Love how the story isn't centered around the FL getting in a romantic relationship and more focusing on family relationships.

Characters are wonderful, and the way that they're drawn just accentuates their personality/aura. I've seen some people bashing the kids for acting so rude to Shuli (FL) in her first life, but it's understandable when it gets revealed that their father had died, and just before he died he married a girl (Shuli), who probably seems like a golddigger. Now if my father had just died and married a random girl off the streets, who would have to supposedly take care of me as my "mother", then I'd probably be an arse and be rude. Also considering their ages this type of reaction is appropriate. I also love how the kids are acting their respectful ages, cus I often see characters acting younger than they really are. For example, Shuli still acts like a 16-17-year-old, but more mature because of knowledge of her previous life and the responsibility placed on her.

Overall this story is a pretty good read with wonderful family interactions, a foreboding antagonist, and wow that prince has mom issues. definitely recommended! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

9.5/10 art
Ivgmoox's avatar
Sep 8, 2020

really good plot, the art is good too. The chapter is long and nice. The character is unique and I like the plot cause not many story are like this the manhwa I always is alway about drama and cringe stuff. But this is family matters so it good

9.1/10 story