The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Reviews

Alt title: A Stepmother's Märchen

The Fantasie of a Stepmother
moochz's avatar
Nov 12, 2020

I really hate it when there are all of these time traveling mangas where these teens and full blown adults become children and act the age they look like. These 20 and 30 year olds should not be acting like 9 year olds just because they’re in the body of a prepubescent. Rants aside, Suri is as mature as her situation would demand, with a couple moments when she acts a little childish because she’s mentally around 17 or eighteen with her childhood stolen.

Her relationship with her adopted children is really sweet and I adore the romance because it doesn’t rule her life or decisions. Suri also doesn’t have to fake-marry her future love interest for power and isn't a pushover in the slightest while holding onto a femine indentity. Too often power or respect is equated to phsyical prowess or how well a woman can do a "man's job".

Also the art is AMAZING

CilginAshley's avatar
Jul 19, 2020

I REALLY like how the main character is not looking for romance (although it seemed like she would) she only acts motherly and like a family towards children. Even though she went through a lot because of them in her previous life. I like she DOES  NOT DEPEND ON A MALE ir use the information from her previous life to cheat. I totally recommend it. It's hilarious and intriguing.

9.5/10 story
Milved's avatar
Jul 3, 2020

Not quite the stereotypical time-travel story, as the fl doesn't construct her own downfall the first time round. Instead, she is murdered during an attack on her coach when travelling through the forest, which sends her back to the past, where she is determined to foster a better relationship with her children the second time round.

The plot progress is slow but well-paced, so it does not feel as though it is dragging. It is highly detailed and well thought-out, so is very intriguing. The artwork adapts to fit both the serious and comical side of the story, and the clothes appear to be well within the time period, which is a nice change for once.

Would definitely recommend reading.

8.5/10 story
8.5/10 characters
8.8/10 overall
Djevel44's avatar
Nov 8, 2020

See alot of people speak highly about this story, but i did not like it at all, its about a kid that marries a old noble and when he dies she does her best to keep the kids safe and raise them well, but they pretty much takes a dump all over from she enter the house to the day she dies, she ofcourse ressurected back in the past again and things go better, but i really cant forgive the kids, this story is made up around the idea "kids cant do anything wrong and cant take consequences for their actipns"

I refuse to belive im some spesial super child who could use his head at younger age and take the consequences for my actions, so when i could behave and when i did bad i knew why i got punishment and i learned from it, seing kids like in this story get forgiveness in a way for driving their mother to death just made me hate them even more, so if you belive kids up intill they are 18 are incapable of thinking and is worse than a mentaly disabled person and cant take the consequences for their actions then this story is for you.

But if you think back at your childhood and can remember you actualy could think for your self (even if you where a bit inexperienced) then this story isnt for you, i got a stepmum and stepdad my self to, sure i never got as alose to them as as real parents, but i treated them well.

Iyashi's avatar
Feb 6, 2022

It's comedy. Period.

Every situation which is even a little bit dramatic or serious, instantly turns into comedy. Can't take anything of this even a little bit serious.

MC is as childish as her step children, even though she is a little bit older AND traveled 7 years back in time.
She continuously stoops low to the level of the kids, literally running after them. How did such a person even manage to survive and keep that household alive for 7 years?

The conversations are all meaningless and rushed. The author forcefully tries to be funny there, but it backfires completely. It's only annoying.

The plot is rushed as well. Conversations aren't even finished before the next "comedy" scene. Everything is made forcefully hectic. The characters are just screaming at each other for 80% of the plot.

Reading this far gave me a great headache ...