The Emperor's Partner - Reviews

Alt title: Hwangjeui Ballyeo

The Emperor's Partner
Manthika's avatar
Mar 27, 2020

Endless contradictory plot points, awkward 'unconditional' "love" and overt manipulation, this is honestly garbage.  There are stories that are mysterious and don't make sense and then there are stories that just plain don't make sense in a bad way.  They rushed the beginning far too quickly, and the characters act attached to each other immediately, without any time to even get to know each other- and the reader is left entirely unattached because, who are these unlikable but overly pretty strangers, anyway?  Waste of time.

SeraphKatze's avatar
Jan 20, 2021

I am only a few chapters in, I started reading this because was pretty but nothing make sense... First, the story is basically a siscon wanting to be with her sister because the sister sacrificed herself for her but they had to add romance?! That emperor makes literally NO SENSE, the pope (female lead's current body) has been asleep ever since the body was born and woke up for the first time in their entire lives when the female lead's soul entered the body but the man expects her to know him somehow?! He is literally a child, all his decisions are rash and unbeffiting of a ruler of a whole empire. Speaking of waking up for the first time, everyone around her expects her to do her job as pope properly even though there is no way she would know anything about her current world. Also, the younger sister who is now a younger brother after reincarnation, he has weak lungs yet he is somehow one of the strongest holy knights in the empire?! How is he so chill with the female lead's unexplainable affection for him? I think this story would have been much better if they didn't rush things. Romance didn't need to be in here, if this story was just about cute siblings building (or rebuilding?) a bond it would've made more sense.

4.6/10 overall
trashdetector's avatar
Apr 15, 2021

This story could've been so good, but the main leads are trash so that's were it failed. I got a few chapters in before I decided I would rather pluck out my eyes than continue reading. Yes I'm being harsh. The FL is annoying and what ultimately caused me to dislike her is when she suddenly had this deep connection to the ML when it had only been like 5 chapters and she said he was the only one that truly saw her. Like sis call down you just got there and his actions are disturbing. Now for the ML he is a murderous, sexual assaulting, entitled brat. Not 2 chapters in and he kisses the FL literally right after she wakes up. And then he demands that they get married because their parents arranged their marriage before the FL was even born or discovered to be a girl. Like wtf! Not only that but the FL is clearly unfazed when the ML tries to kill people in front of her constantly. But whatever because at least he's hot right? Doesn't matter if his personality if literally shittier than Atla live action movie?And the point of the this entire story was for the FL to reunite with her sibling who had saved her in this previous life not for this dumb romance shit. Trust me I like romance but this stuff was SO rushed and honestly unappealing. Moral of this rant if you don't mind bad main characters and a rushed romance go ahead you'll probably enjoy.

2.1/10 overall
ZoeOBryan's avatar
Feb 17, 2021

I personally liked the storyline. The FL is confused, but she accepts her newfound world and her brother that was found once more. This is definitely of the "reincarnation" genre. I liked it though.

The art was amazing. Thruout the manga, many beautiful scenes are shown. Many beautiful eyes people, places, clothing, etcetera, and it portrays the story really well."

The characters all have widely varying personalities. I enjoyed the m all. For instance, the emperor and his sister are strong like dragons, while the FL's little brother is cute and lovable.

(For the creators)

this was not one of the best mangas I have seen, but I believe you have quite some potential to make some incredible stories. Good job.

7.5/10 characters
arcadeurgot's avatar
Feb 27, 2021

This is so bad. holy sh*t.

Ml straight up sexualy harasses her in like the first chapter. he keeps trying to force her to marry him.

Murders/tries to murder right in front of her, and the she uses her healing and almost dies so he then "kisses/heals" her bla bla bla. this is shit. the she thinks he is hot, and his touch feel warm bla bla, my heart vavers blabla. fuck off.