The Elegant Sea of Savagery - Reviews

Alt title: Uahan Yamanui Bada

The Elegant Sea of Savagery
julalva's avatar
Jan 11, 2022

FL is a person dating another man. Her father makes bad decisions in regards to his business and it failed. Now the FL has a bunch of debt to take care of. And the man she is dating has a sickly younger sister and he needs to get medicine for her. The FL was nice to the ML during their time at school and so he "fell" for her hard. Some things happen and the FL and ML are "together" now and in all honesty if I were her I'd cry locked in my room for at least a week after breaking up with the man I had loved. smh. she got over him real quick/showing no signs of remorse after that night. I myself do not like how it is happening/the pacing of the story. there's no actual love or romance happening between the two. I can see why she would never love the ML because thats such a crappy thing he did to cause the breakup.
There's nothing else I can really say considering there's literally no build up of how they got to their positions in the current time. there are just some brief flashbacks and that is about it. There's nothing between the two leads that bring them together, just some debt. Overall mediocre in story. Stopped reading at chapter 28 and will not finish.

MinecraftCow's avatar
Jan 8, 2022

Ugh, the art is great but that's really the only thing that gives me joy :/

[SPOILERS AHEAD]

First and foremost, the characters are so odd! The FL, Irina, is ridiculously naive and stupidly determined to "make a difference" and pay off her debts. The ML, on the other hand, is manipulative and a stalker. I don't understand why he's the ML with the kind of personality he has now. He's so wrong! He stalks her for years and proposes 3 times to her, out of the blue. Of course, he was rejected all 3 times because Irina had a boyfriend already (and ML knew that). The ML then proceeds to pay off her boyfriend and takes advantage of Irinas financial and emotional situation to GET IN BED WITH HER. They're not married or dating. He's quite literally just "owning" her.

Tbh, Ludwig's (Irinas ex and first love) relationship with her could've worked out if she had remained rich and able to help him. But it's crumbled now that both of them are poor and in need of help. In situations like these, it's obvious that they weren't right for each other in the first place. Ludwig, despite being sweet and always there for her, will only remain by her side if she stays out of trouble. He isn't the type of person to stand strong when their friends or partners are struggling. So due to this reason, he's not suitable to be ML either.

SO HOW IS THIS A ROMANCE IF NEITHER DUDES ARE SANE OR DECENT PEOPLE??? SERIOUSLY?!

The FL isn't great either. Somehow, she was totally fine with being the ML's play toy (especially at night) even though she dislikes him. You would expect that the FL never forgives him because of all he's done to her but NO! She has *** with him and is basically his lover now. I can't believe she allowed herself to live this way. Honestly. Im so immensely disappointed in the story because this isn't a good romance story and the relationships the FL has with the men aren't good. She has no friends either.

Zero percent chance of me recommended this. Honest to god, if you're looking for a sweet, innocent, or worthy romance read, this is not it. The ML is definitely a psychopath and the FL is strange enough to be okay with that. Red flags are everywhere with this relationship.

DumplingKimchiMochi's avatar
Jul 25, 2023

Enjoy reading the progress and plots. No doubt some bit difficult to digest but life is not fair. Give it a try, now at chapter 57 still no regret.

Missdiamond's avatar

✔️ Spicy scene

It contain tropes that I love, I don't need anything else. 😂👌🏻

YukinaZero's avatar
Jul 9, 2022

I didn't really like the characters. ML is a not-charming yandere. FL was very immature and, idk unappealing to me?😕 Completely biased review based on my tastes alone, no hate if you liked this.