The Divine Physician - Reviews

Alt titles: Divine Doctor, Shen Yi Di Nu, The Divine Doctor

The Divine Physician
LadyAmnesia's avatar
Apr 1, 2020

The novel is amazing. The manga pales in comparison and I can't even read it since it lacks so much information and character development. If you started reading it, switch to the novel. The story is clearer and it is also way past where the manga is.

TheValdo's avatar
Sep 13, 2020

I almost agree with the previous review. by the fact that (one), art is not exceptional but also its unique and have a historical charm that I love. (two) the story I find it very interesting and quite realistic about respecting Chinese imperial traditions. the strong FL is also quite enjoyable to read. (three) All characters are very well written and unique

In summary I recommend that you read manhwa first to be able to soak up the universe and the characters visually then switch to the novel which really contains more Information and who are so much ahead of the manhwa.

AllesEvermore's avatar
Feb 26, 2021

I always felt like the art had more effort than the rest of the story. I can appreciate the characters but I feel like there isn't enough background for anything in the manhwa. It's rather difficult to keep up with everything when there is so little explanation on multiple points, but I enjoy the concept so I kept reading. I feel like there isn't nearly enough realistic explanation for the medical practices, or really much explanation at all. It's more of a historical drama than anything else. The female lead and male lead are both amusing and work well together but there isn't much emphasis on the female lead's original background. Again, a bunch of drama without much depth.

MonarqueCeleste's avatar
Nov 6, 2021

This manhua represents well what I don't like about historical shoujo isekai stories. Although I love that setting because it's so rich culturally, it never fails to fall short when it comes to delivering good content. This particular manhua starts out pretty strong. The MC is smart, wicked and somewhat ruthless. The second characters are also not bad in their own for the most part. But I would give this 5 or 6 out of 10 for inconsistencies and nonsensical scenarios.

The shoujo part quickly overtook everything else and we went from strong military ops agent with good medicinal skills to weak girl crying in a prince's arms. I remember dropping it once then coming back 2 years later. If you can overlook the really annoying parts where she plays lovey dovey it stays a good manhua. Most people will like the romance aspect anyway so that's not a real setback per se. It's just whenever the setting is X is a former elite whatever and then becomes weak, stupid, shy or anything detrimental to the character, it quickly becomes boring.

I am currently up to date at 442 chapters. I will keep reading because I've invested too much time in it. I don't know if I could recommend it. It's not really that bad but yet not that good either. Read at your own risk.