The Death Mage - Reviews

Alt title: Yondome wa Iyana Shi Zokusei Majutsushi

The Death Mage
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Nov 3, 2019

The story really starts when our protagonist is born into feir third life (I mean, the title itself is "The Death Mage Who Doesn't Want a Fourth Time"). Before that, there are a couple chapters which set the stage, showing why Vandalieu is filled with thoughts of vengeance, why fe knows death magic, and generally why fe has a misfortunate existence. The catalyst for tension in feir third life is the fact that fe was born a dampir, a half-vampire, and society hunts and kills vampires and their offspring, so fe must find a way to survive.

I think this manga is mainly interesting because of how absurdly young the protagonist is. If not for that quirk, fe would just be another overpowered main character. That said, before fe turns one year old, feir character design looks stupid.

[Reviewed at chapter 13]

FRAJ's avatar
Nov 2, 2020

Well to start off, I must say this story is quite unique it's an isekai but at least changed a bit the concept, I liked how even though the protagonist had gone through all that torture, he didn't really go the typical  edgy mc route and still befriended other characters giving them a helping hand reminded by his past, what u didn't like though is the balance between the comedy and darkness is off, I get that they wanted to make it somehow funny anf dark at the same time but in some scenes (like the hunters who snitched on his mother) you are waiting for him to torture them to death for what have been done to his mother, instead you get a panel where they are screaming and they pass it off as something funny.

I think that was mostly it otherwise its something you can read if your bored.

MangaXexperts's avatar
Jan 13, 2022

First few chapters are very dark and the main character get's isekaied 2 times. First half of this manga is focused on leveling the main character and his minions the kingdom building elements start after 25 or so chapters.

Dreadson's avatar
Jul 3, 2023

Another diamond in the rough. I'm a sucker for reincarnation into an infant but keeping previous life's memories. Mild video game elements and a unique plot are all that is needed when you've read so much manga. It's nice to find another good one in the mix after reading so many. Some plot points are strange and shoddy like his death attribute magic being unique and stuff, but they sort of gloss over it and draw more attention to the main plot of him building his faction.

The attribute itself is also fun, and this manga gets a lot of free style points by not being afraid of killing things. Lots of death in this one, much better than the infinite number of toothless manga out there where the isekai MC is a cuck and builds a fantasy harem. Of course this MC is no different but he is literally 2 years old so the excuse is well written off for once that he just simply doesn't have lust naturally forming in his body yet.

A solid average enjoyment, definitely recommend this. Especially if you're desperate for new content.

ciPherE21's avatar
Aug 25, 2019

1st chapter..   Lousy plot..    A god that has restriction although he should have absolute power..  Just kinda stupid...

If the setting still remains as is then your rating might drop..

Change my mind.. This is absolutely a piece of shit....

It should be rated negative star...

This is realy the worse of the worst.....