The Crimson Lady - Reviews

The Crimson Lady
Macl's avatar
Oct 1, 2022

Top tier. A very big twist that differentiates from other villainess/reincarnated into a novel manwha's. Art is excellent, MC is a badass and loads of plot twist. Only read 19 chaps, but seems very promising. Depending on how it develops in the future, it could be on par with death is the only ending for the villainess or better, hell might even be or on the same standing as the masterpiece roxana.

GothiCat's avatar
Aug 24, 2023

I don't regret having read this. Though I regret not stopping sooner. I got to chapter 48 and have fallen in love with the Dulan character, and the twist that seemed to be based around him. The story seemed to actually be different and have a different ML than what we're all used to (and bored of). If you like Dulan, read further for spoilers, you'll want them I promise.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

SPOILERS!!!

Dulan is not the ML. Instead the male lead actually is the terribly bland Raymond (aka. Stereotypical male lead). There's a Dulan appreciation post you can look up on r/Otome, in the comments there are thorough spoilers around Dulan's involvement in the story. He gets done so dirty it makes me want to cry. Surprisingly, they made him even more amazing later on, showed that he actually was an all around amazing guy who didn't do things out of spite, but genuine love. And still have him the shaft.

Art is amazing, loved the realistic body proportions.

Characters are pretty good but with drawbacks here and there.

Story... Good twist, bad direction of the twist however. Like they twisted and then untwisted so hard that they snapped their own neck.

Only good for the scenes with Dulan in hindsight. Yeah I simp for him. But honestly? It's the false twist in itself that makes me upset.

gagagoug's avatar
Dec 14, 2022

This is a 10/10 for me. The art is enjoyable, but that's the least of this storie's qualities.

For once, the main girl is actually evil. It is such a breath of fresh air! And the twists! The way they worked her in this story! It's amazing.

And the characters. They managed to make me care for the rivals. Characters that are hatable are also still relatable, like the FL's rival who really suffers from the way women are abused in this setting. She is petty, jealous and an annoyance, but you can't stop yourself from feeling bad for her.

This is amazing, give it a read.

Kristiaqqnn's avatar
Aug 27, 2023

Hmm i don't love nor hate it, It's okay? And I'll keep reading it

The Art is kind of similar to Roxana and it's pretty.

And the Story is incredibly surprising. And our Mc Is A Lil crazy

8.5/10 art
7.9/10 overall
Butterbeer899's avatar
Jul 29, 2023

The MC is so fucked in the head...it's not even a joke. Everything points for her to fall for the Dulan character yet she's so stuck up on the past she's unwilling to consider new possibilities for the present.

The art is beautiful, but the storyline lacks clarity. They need not have dragged the Dulan issue for 46 episodes when sometime in the beginning it was known that he already believed her situation.

I'm excited to see how it ends.