The Controllers - Reviews

The Controllers
786Cookie's avatar
Mar 2, 2021

This is a review 45 chapters down the line. When I filled in the ratings, it generally is a good comic and the plot line is actually really good if you think about it from a creative point of view. Now if you add my moral consience into it... This comic is bat sh!t mother f*cking crazy. It's filled with the king of scummy MLs and the FL is amazingl strong but in the end... human. It sickens me to think how trashy this ML is. I'd take the domineering CEO any day over this [email protected] and that's saying something seeing as the CEO types are toxic masculine enough. IDC I'f I'm spoiling because this is a warning for those who wanna know what it's about.

First chapter, the FL, being a good moral citizen sees some men on the side fo the road asking for help and even though tshe knew of the risks, she decided to get out of the car to help them anyways. Then, the boys try to murder her along with the ML. One of the ML's scummy minions took her to her car to [email protected] her and she fought back, killed him and drove away. This FL, super caring teavher to kids and never killed a fly before, all of a sudden killed her attempted [email protected], You know there's gonna be some trauma to that.

Skip to 4 years later, she still having nightmares about that day and her husband (lovely guy) comforts her. The husband is everything every girl wishes they had in a guy. The Fl was told that the ML and his guys were scentenced to death and executed so she was okay for the four years. Then, all of a sudden, the [email protected] ML comes back a the CEO of some big corporate business, y'know how the trope goes, and he gets some guys to mother f*cking [email protected] and video tape her. Keep in mind that she's a teacher so one wrong move equals social suicide. This broke my heart because she begs him to kill her but he just watched and laughed saying that he'd never let her die so easily.

This pushed the FL close to the edge, practically crumbling off the cliff. She has to do whatever he says or he'll hurt her family. He takes her to accompany old men and even [email protected] her. The girl shows no emotion because what else can she feel except repulsion to the guy. The ML is also a tricky [email protected] He did all this shit to her including chopping off ehr husband's finger and in the end, the FL had to divorce her lovely husband to protect him.

He makes her sleep with him and she's trying  her best to do anything to get out of this situation but thats pretty hard when he f*cking tracks her every movement and gets everyone from her students to her parents involved. He acts like a piece worser than sh!t and yet he still acts like he cares about her. The poor FL has to say "don't go crazy" over and over to herself to literally not kill herself. I'm on chapter 45 and yes, even if I had all these complaints, I read on because this FL ain't like the rest who fall in love with the trash ML, and is instead figuring out how to kill him if she doesn't die first. This FL actually wants to kill the scummy ML which is what I'm waiting for.

If you have an iron stomach like me then you should read this but if you hate toxic masculinity, [email protected], blackmail, suicidalm thoughts and anything to do with suicide then this isn't your cup of tea (it ain't mine either but again, waiting frot he revenge part.) That's all for me, I suggest you read on when there's at least 50 chapters because I'm left on a cliffhanger of her saying she wants to end it all and now I'm waiting for the next update. I'll edit this when the comic is finished to give my finaly thoughts. Fingers crossed then ML burns in the lowest circlen of hell repeatedly.

0.5/10 characters
unordinarygirl's avatar
Mar 27, 2021

This is not for everyone, but for those that enjoy psychological plots and don't mind violence scenes it's the best. I give a 9 to the FL very strong woman even tho she's going through so much, she's got a very strong mentality. The ML is the worst psycho i have ever read in a webtoon.

8.5/10 story
8.5/10 art
SakiChan01's avatar
Mar 15, 2021

Hiii! I wrote this quick review because I honestly did like it, it was pretty fun and honestly a great read for people who are messed up in the head like me :D. The story was pretty good, it was creative and something that usually people wouldn't like to go to. It also changed perspectives a lot and at some point, it felt like you were kind of rooting for the bad guy because even if he is an asshole deep down he has a heart and that made me go soft. The art is amazing like I can't describe how much I love this type of art style and how great every single panel looked. From one artist to another great ass job. The characters were pretty good, even though I got the feeling that they might be all a bit over the top, I still get why this choice was made and I honestly don't care too much. Anyways I liked it.

tiger24lily's avatar
Feb 19, 2021

its different then most manhwas and had a unique storyline defently one of my favourites.

AFL's avatar
Mar 29, 2021

Not a story for everyone, but i really love it. Also for those who also like me could not find this webtoon you gotta search  (Who is the Prey) not the name mentioned here.