The Case Study of Vanitas - Reviews

Alt title: Vanitas no Carte

The Case Study of Vanitas
eredffe's avatar
Jul 21, 2021

i really love this manga. i like the vibe it gives. i am watching the anime too. but i really hope it wont turn out to be a 2nd pandora hearts. i love pandora hearts as well but the ending was too much for me. i hope it has a happy ending but kinda afraid after reading the proluge.

9.5/10 characters
fangxiety's avatar
Aug 12, 2021

this shit is fucking amazing.

edit: WHY IS THIS ON AN INDEFINITE HIATUS

9.9/10 overall
savemethewaltz's avatar
Feb 24, 2023

Oke, pertama-tama gue fujoshi dan suka banget nyari manga/anime bromance. Nah, kemarin-kemarin gue nemu review yang bilang ini anime worth to watch, so gue tontonlah sampe season 2 dan langsung kecewa berat. Why, because while being love-hate relationship, Vanitas dan Noe, masih diikat protagonis wanita, Jeanne. Jujur, kalau ga ada bumbu romanca Vanitas-Jeanne, ini bakal jadi anime favorit gue. Story-nya bagus, but, yah bagi gue yang fujoshi dan ga terlalu suka romansa antara dua protagonis, ini bukan anime yang cocok. Meskipun banyak banget hint Noe yang "suka" sama Vanitas, but hint kalau Vanitas "suka" sama Noe itu ga ada. Di akhir season 1 kelihatan banget Noe jatuh cinta sama Vanitas tapi ga diperjelas alias dibikin Noe cuma nganggep itu bukan cinta. Dan gue paling kecewa pas nonton season 2 karena banyak banget adegan romansa Vanitas-Jeanne yang bikin gue langsung ga suka sama animenya. Yah, banyak yang bilang ini anime bagus, emang, tapi bagi gue yang fujoshi, walau banyak bromance, ini gak worth it ditonton. Kalau kalian masokis fujoshi, silakan. Buat yang ga tahan rasa sakit, mending jangan.

Shukami's avatar
Dec 2, 2021

I might seem biased on my rating, especially since I just finished the manga (from the chapters that are currently available), but I thought this manga was absolutely amazing!

The story, characters, and development is flowing so smoothly, and I'm curious to see how it ends (as well as worried). I'd highly recommend reading this series! While the first chapters are confusing, its expected, as the author is setting up a new world for us to read and indulge ourselves in! After a while, we start to see the characters personalities really come into light, along with what kind of manga this starts to be: a mystery, with romance, comedy, fantasy, steam-punk, and all wonderful things bundled into one!

Enjoy the characters as they go through their journey, and discover new possibilities in this world where one vampire and human make their way to cure the 'evil' in their land, while also spicing things up for the audience.

Please, try it!

We need more readers out there.

Note: This manga doesn't focus on straight relationships, there are some hints of same-gender romance ;)

9.5/10 story