The Carp on the Chopping Block Jumps Twice - Reviews

Alt title: Sojou no Koi wa Nido Haneru

The Carp on the Chopping Block Jumps Twice
Dainex's avatar
Dec 27, 2019

The sequel was so emotional for me. This encaptures discovering sexual comfort, and fighting between wanting to love for yourself even though it might not work versus loving someone at the spur of the moment or the future. The furious change of tempo towards the end was so perfectly confusing like in any unstable relationship. It's hard to truly be sympathetic for an adulterer or a blackmailer, but they're so humanly fleshed out with their lusts and unstable emotional desires that I started to see them as fragments of myself. Totally give this a read.

paprikart's avatar
Dec 24, 2021

This was a roller coaster from start to finish, the relationship was so intense it got me hook on each chapter and left me with bittersweet after taste. It's hard to love someone that much and knowing those feelings won't be returned to you equally, always just half baked. You don't know where to put all those emotions until you just let it destroy you. I hope that it's really final for them, because they really were made for each other, no one will love Kyouichi that much more than Imagase.

God I love good drama, and this one really deliver plus it's rare to see well written women in BL manga.