The Beloved Fake Saint - Reviews

Alt title: Gajja Seongnyeoinde Sindeuri Jipchakanda

The Beloved Fake Saint
Iyashi's avatar
Nov 18, 2022

It's rather funny, especially the parts with the gods who watch and comment about her life as if they're watching a soap.

But I found it rather unrealistic that she's getting scared of being killed whenever she's talking to one of the MLs. I mean, you could say that she not only has the gods on her side, but pretty much in her pocket. Man, she even scolds the gods, but is scared of a fckn twerp of a crown prince? Or a priest who serves one of the gods in her pocket? No way..

Besides, she not realising that she IS the saintess after recieving so much from the gods is just pathetic from the author. Why would you stupidify your character to THAT extent? Did you not even think a frickin minute about wether your main character is realistic or no? Come on! I'm not expecting deep characters and story like Game of Thrones from you, I just expect you to use you head for 1 minute to put yourself into your own characters position and rethink whatever bullshit you just tried to write down. If possible, before taking up the pencil, please.
*ragemode:off*

Also, even tho she wants to avoid the MLs, she's always going with them for no reason, just to spout half-hearted excuses to get away from them again (of course they don't work). Then, of course, she stumbles so that ML can catch her up and she can blush. FAAAAAKE. All of that feels so fake ... It's just forced onto the FL and the readers. A more fitting manhwa name would be "Everything about me is fake, but the gods are obsessed"
Would it be that hard to at least implement a reason for her not being able to refuse them, so that she doesn't betray herself again and again? Or just don't make it one of her first priorities to avoid the MLs if she NEVER does so in the end.

Anyways, it's still funny and I don't have a lot more stuff to read, so, yea, I'll be trying some more chapters, I guess ...

JelaVera's avatar
Dec 28, 2022

mary sue asf, FL has ALOT of gods' blessings while MLs(who r 'powerful') only have ONE. and why tf is she a so called fake saint when she has many gods blessing her??

every single god and MLs js basically falls for her for basically no reason.  shes js scared 24/7 as long as shes with any of the MLs bc she thinks they're out to get her.  shes the srs definition of an airhead with her clicheness ngl

to enjoy this story js turn off ur braincells.  the crownprince and FLs romance was so weird, one sec hes angry at her the next, hes in love for zero reason???

fl and the other 2 mls oso have stupid romance interactions tht make zero sense and as dumb as the first  that i could spend paragraphs writing but ill js keep it short, its unrealistic and fake bc the main plot is js tryna make readers laugh at the so-called comedic plot

i get its supposed to be for humor but seriously?? gods acting like little kids vying for FLs attention for NO REASON makes it unrealistic and stupid. like at least make up a reason for basically every god in the galaxy to fall for her and suddenly act like babies fighting for her affection when they are supposed to be uhm gods??

feels like some kinda fetish fufilment plot on gods and every breathing being falling for dense FLs who wants to run away and plainly cant read the obvious signals they give

dont even bother if you want to keep ur braincells

MidnightLace's avatar
Mar 27, 2023

This is the typical reincarnation into a novel where the FL tries to run away from her unfortunate and/or miserable death. I feel like this trope has been used to death, but I still find it entertaining. If nothing else, read this for the gods conversations and actions. They’re freaking hilarious, and the best part of the manhwa. I just love them. The chaotic energy they have and exhibit, is beautifully insane.

toryaborya's avatar
Aug 1, 2023

I love this story! The female lead starts out smart, and she only gets more clever and independent as the story goes on.

The plot has also only gotten better as well. I started off not quite sure if I was going to like it, but I'm now super intrigued to see where it goes.

The FL is genuinely so funny at times too with her inner quips and responses. The gods are also absolutely hilarious, and I love the interactions between them and the FL.

The male leads have also grown on me more and more, even though they all seem to have some underlying issues lol. 😂

Overall, it's a great read that keeps getting better. Definitely worth your time! 😄

AthyFairy's avatar
Jul 29, 2023

This manga got me good because even when im caught up with latest chapter and i thought i was certain who the ml is, i was wrong after reading novel spoilers lol but the reason why i like this manga is bc the fl is very intelligent, not your average airhead but she is kind yet she stands up for herself. She is humble because she doesn't think of herself as kind even when she displays those qualities. The only thing i didnt like was she blush and her heart skips a beat at every interaction with the ml candidates so it was confusing to see who she really likes