The Beginning After the End - Reviews

The Beginning After the End
Kittyna's avatar
Mar 1, 2019

This is one of the best isekai I ever read. The story is about a king, who died and got REBORN in another world as a baby. That's one of the reason i want to recomend this manga. You can see our character grow. This story is funny and sad, you will laught and cry. I highly resomending this manga. It kind of reminds me of mushoku tensei tho, but this is really good too.

Like I said, king die and gets reborn in another world as a baby. We can see our character grow and gets better and better, learn about the world with him and grow with him. We can even meet and be-friend a dragon, get lost in the forest and a lot more things. I don't wanna spoil you more then I already had so i will stop here ^^

There is a lot of characters that are easily likeble but some of them are kinda annoying tho. I like the main character and, and thats what I mostly don't. Mostly I like side characters, but there weren't many of them. That's why it gets only 6 for characters, story good, but not many good characters.

Art
Art style is all good, it really fits the story, don't have much to say about it.

7.3/10 overall
bhebugs's avatar
Jun 3, 2019

I love this manga! Even the novel is so good. It was so good that sometimes I forgot to breathe when it comes to the action scenes. The puppy love romance in the novel makes me smile so wide and go "kyaa kyaa" too. Truly, this is the best isekai I've read. Not one of the best but "the best". I stumbled into this manga as I've been searching for the manga of The Trash of the Count's Family and I've noticed that it has a somewhat similar illustration of my favorite novel TTofCF but the story of these two are so different. I still read it though and boy was I so glad that I read it! This is definitely one of the mangas that I totally want to sponsor/donate!

nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Nov 20, 2019

This manga is one of my favorite in the rebirth genre. King Grey is reborn into the body of an infant in a new world, and given the name Art. Fe's able to use feir knowledge about ki from feir previous world to understand mana in this world. And fe's able to use feir combat experience from feir past life to eventually excel in martial arts. As is common in this genre, Art is seen as a prodigy with never-before-seen talent and early growth. People marvel at fem.

Fe encounters several young and semi-young girls during feir adventures, some of whom may be crushing on fem a bit: Tessia and Lilia are the most obvious ones, though I did get a bit of a vibe from Jasmine (but maybe that's just cause I like the strong, silent, ninja type). There's also several mentors and people who've helped train fem as fe grows up: feir father Rey, Sylvia, Virion, and perhaps Cynthia. I say "as fe grows up," but at the point of writing fe's still a few years away from even hitting puberty. I really appreciate Art as a character and though the manga follows some classic plotlines (meeting a Yoda, saving a princess, etc.), it does so in engaging and compelling ways.

As for negative things about the manga...The art isn't the best. Art's family loves fem heartily, but at times it can come across as a bit too gooey. There is homophobia in chapter 33.

[Reviewed at chapter 40]

millogin44's avatar
Mar 14, 2021

I love this manga, is one of the best isekai I ever read.The story is about a king, who died and got reborn in another world as a baby.just love it.

KuroXYZ's avatar
Oct 30, 2020

This manga which is about a king being reborn in another world. The protagonist Arthur, short Art(pre-rebirth: King Grey), is learning magic and fighting from a young age and is good at it since he can use his experiences from his former life in swordsmanship and the KI from his previous world is similiar to the mana in the world the story is taking place in. The characters have nice backgrounds that are getting more clear as the story moves on. Also the characters are developing over time. The story is very interesting: Not only is it very exciting but it also has a lot of events that make sense and dont just come out of nowhere like it often happens in such mangas. If u don't read this you will really miss a lot of joy and exitement. Have fun reading it!  = )