The Abandoned Reincarnation Sage - Reviews

Alt title: Suterareta Tensei Kenja: Mamono no Mori de Saikyou no Daima Teikoku wo Tsukuriageru

The Abandoned Reincarnation Sage
Manthika's avatar
Jan 9, 2021

A sad, but known story: a child is born and promptly thrown away by their father for being deemed 'not good enough' as the mother sobs.  Thrown into the woods, they are adopted by Monster A (in this manga: goblins) who shows them more goodness than they would have ever thought the monster being capable of, had they been raised by humans.  The slight twist here being that this baby has lived a life before and has preconceptions that are being pretty blown away by the hospitality shown to him by monsters in his second life.  This time around, he wants to use his power for the sake of his newfound family.

Expect: Cute!Goblin girls, a human's greater intelligence effecting the lives of monsters as they cohabitate, an OP main character whose last life was that of a sage, and the various other enjoyable cliches you're probably expecting: most of them are here too.

The first thing I said when I saw this was 'oh heck yes!' because it's rare for me to find a reincarnation manga I haven't read yet, especially with an OP MC and kingdom building, hitting almost all of my fave tags here... I'm a bit of a junkie, as those who read a lot of my reviews are probably well aware of.  I generally rated it for 'what I expected, I got and enjoyed' not originality or superior content.  Art is good and cute, characters are normal, story is the perfect mash of cliche-yet-not-boring. Loses points for stupid men stuff like 'cannot survive without ******* women'

v1ad's avatar
Feb 5, 2021

The plot is quite interesting reminds me of "this time i got reincarnated in slime" but the mc lacks some common sense when it comes to understand his sister for example. But it is actually worth reading go ahead.

7.5/10 art
7.5/10 characters
MangaXexperts's avatar
Jan 13, 2022

the main character is overpowered from the start and this manga has more similarities to I reincarnated as a slime.

Yateseycakes's avatar
Aug 25, 2021

It's "that time I was reincarnated as a slime" lite.

The premise is very similar, right down to making a village full of different races, just not as good.

There doesn't seem to be a goal as such and the bad guy seems very "added at the last minute" at this stage.

It's okay, but there is better out there. (Re: Monster for example.)