The Abandoned Empress - Reviews

Alt title: Beorim Badeun Hwangbi

The Abandoned Empress
Rxyna's avatar
Aug 10, 2019

When I started reading this, I was fascinated with the art and the plot. I usually like reading manhwas with a strong female lead. That has goal set to achieve and not repeating a tragedy that had happened. Anyway.

*SPOILER - Kinda*

As I continued reading it I was hoping that this manhwa would be different. That the FMC wouldn't fall in love AGAIN with her abuser even if he changed. But NO. She falls in love with him. I'm sick of those kind of manhwas. She was gifted with a second chance to not fall in love with him and become stronger to protect her loved ones, she was working hard to be strong and I admire that about her.

Why do those manhwas have to repeat this thing? Why when the MC is granted another chance to not repeat the disaster that had happened, they fall again in love with the evil MC that had suddenly noticed her and started developing feeling for her.

That art was fascinating, so are the characters personalities. But, I really hope that she will not end with  prince in the 3rd season. But, I know there's nothing that'll change that.

S2579's avatar
Jul 27, 2019

Do Not Read If Your Allergic to Bad Plot Line

DON'T READ IF YOU WANT TO FEEL UNCONTENT. The story started out amazng and I was hooked onto every word. I love the female lead is taking her destiny into her hands. She getting revenge on her mentally and physically abusive hubby, but the part that crossed me was the ending because guess what she married the pathetic excuse for human.

Raghd2002's avatar
Dec 24, 2018

i reached chapter 25, and so far so good .

the special thing about this manga is the fact that the main character isn't the one who came from another world.

It is the opposite. there is a girl who came from another world but she isn't the heroine.

I loved the story and I totally recommend it.

I read a very sad spoiler which basically made me want to quit reading but I can't help but hope that the ending of the manga won't have the same ending as the novel😭.

Raizelascrea's avatar
Aug 21, 2019

Why people mad?

Talking about these kind of Manhwa, isn't it always about 'surviving' and 'repairing' the past for the better with a little twist on top?

It's not a sad ending yet for the comic version people!!*I refuse to read whatever novel spoiler out there.

We want a happy peaceful storyline and plot for the main character for sure. But it'd be boring and flat that way if i may state my opinion. This manhwa is GOOD to keep our curiosity and the fire lit.The more you mad the more exciting this manhwa goes!

Well I pity almost every character in it for getting played by. Don't you? :'( somehow i wanna have words with the creator

Anyway, the next season is coming soon and my only problem is the art. Its already good as it is but im hoping for smoother result in the future ~

7.5/10 art
8.8/10 characters
peacepriscillaa's avatar
Feb 1, 2019

A bit of some spoilers

I haven't read the novel, but I have read the English translation on happy toons. I fell in love with this story on the first two chapters. The Prologue and Chapter 1. I don't know how many chapters the comic will have but its currently still being updated every week on Friday. If you like your heart strings being pulled definitely for you. what I really like about this story is we usually get the girl who travels into the other world and we follow her story and how she overcomes things and etc and let's be frank it's overdone. This story is about the other women. The one who was born in this world. We never really care about the people who were there first just our main girl who travel into the world. This story we get to see how this affects the woman who was led to believe she was meant to be queen her whole life and how this affects her and her world. I can't wait to see how this ends. Each chapter is great, you get to learn more about everyone and you get left wanting more until the next update!