That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime - Reviews

Alt title: Tensei Shitara Slime datta Ken

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
MoonLightStorm's avatar
Sep 17, 2017

Okay! 1st of all, I am not picky when it comes to art because I know I myself am down the drain bad at it but this manga is nicely and properly drawn.

2nd, I registered to this site because of this manga. It has been so long since I found a manga I am so drawn into I end up buying it online. xD

3rd, full course outline. This manga came from a light novel so I recommend that you read it if you are a reader but since I do not like reading, oh sorry, I meant I despise reading I'd rather opt for the manga. The story is amazing, the protagonist might have been ideally an OP character but the author is properly keeping it intact that way the story can be made magnificently. Who ever thought of making a story with such character with such setting and output. It is amazing and I really like the progress especially for each characters. The main character is not the only point of story and it blends well throughout whole scene. So much potential. I hope it gets better. Loyalty, Trust, Family, Friendship, Guidance, Strength, Hope, etc. My type of stories.

Also, let's not forget to support the people trying their best to make these mangas and novels translated, drawn, scantalations, etc. Some do these works freely and doing so takes up so much time. If you have those excess pocket money instead of wasting it to cigarettes and alcohols lets put it up to good use. Try to donate from time to time. xD

この漫画は断然お勧めであります。是非、ご覧ください。ストーリーが極めて素晴らしくて発展も感服だと思います。主人公は元々化け物らしくて特徴づけられていますのに話に適度で正しく成長しているようです。それと、消極的な感情はあまり少ないだけでなくストーリーは忠誠や献身の繋がりに優れています。(^-^)/

9.4/10 art
9.8/10 characters
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Sep 27, 2020

In general, it's pretty good. It has excellently detailed artwork and it does a pretty decent job of keeping the story engaging (though, more on this later). A few of the characters stand apart from the crowd, though the majority of them don't. It's able to have a main character, Rimuru, who grows immensely overpowered yet still has threats that actually challenge fem. Rimuru doesn't win all of feir battles. I also appreciate the nation-building aspect (though progressions seem to fall into their laps).

As I read, I noticed that I would sorta oscillate between being captivated by the storytelling and between finding it mediocre. So I started asking myself, "why is this such a mixed bag for me?" and tried pinpointing the parts that bothered me. I noticed that I dislike Rimuru's human form, possibly because I see it as an attempt to make the character more palatable or something (which is entirely unnecessary, since feir slime form is great). But that's honestly a minor thing. There are two issues which I think are huge detriments to the manga. The first is that every problem seems to get resolved very quickly. Sometimes problems are introduced and not dealt with until quite a bit later; but once Rimuru starts engaging with a problem, it's always resolved within about two to five chapters. I think this was done to keep the plot moving forward (and that's nice), but it creates the impression that none of these problems are all that substantial. Take Charybdis, for example. It was introduced as a super major threat, and yet it was resolved within one/one-and-a-half chapters. Obviously, this doesn't hold true across the board, but even the battle against the Formus army (which spanned a few more chapters) felt like it was over basically as soon as it began. The second issue, which may be somewhat related, is that none of the villains/antagonists are interesting characters. And any of them that are somewhat interesting are almost immediately turned into allies. Clayman is the longest-lasting villain behind the scenes so far, and fe's just a bore. Associated with fem are the Moderate Harlequin Alliance, but they also don't captivate my interest. Hinata's devoid of personality. And Leon, while currently existing solely as wisps of foreshadowing, feels more like a caricature of an amoral power-wielder than an actual character. Razen was the only villain that I would actually say is interesting, but look what happened to fem..

All that complaining aside though, it's still generally enjoyable.

[Reviewed at 74]

Elfezen's avatar
Nov 22, 2021

Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken has essentially been from the most wonderful and heartwarming environments, with Suphia as one of the greatest kemonomimi from all eternity, from her beautiful and adorable appearance, her stylish and magnificent clothes, her charming and alluring personality, her endearing faith as well as her enchanting abilities make her from the most majestic and venerable kemonomimi, the beautiful and boundless forests of the world that Suphia lives together with the affinity from the spirit world from the afterlife create a calming and wholesome realm which embraces a hopeful aura which illustrates how precious manifestations of the various kemonomimi and their places have always been everlasting in the overarching narrative, the luminous presence of Suphia herself as well as her relationships with the housing companions alongside the other people throughout the villages appears to manifest Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken as one the most wonderful and foundational worlds from all eternity.

ScareAntelope's avatar
May 29, 2021

I first watched the show and then went back and read the manga. The manga especially in the beginning, had a lot of art problems and naming issues when being compared to the anime. The names stuck out a lot. It feels like the company that made the anime went to the writer and said to change the names. So half way through the names of different characters change. It's not too jarring but it is noticeable. Especially for Valdora The Storm Dragon he had his name changed and to be honest was one of the first huge differences between them. As well as the names of Reguru and Regurud from the Goblin village. Which aren't changed until much later. With that being said almost everything else about this series is out standing from start to finish. The plot and characters all feel understandable and real. With such a weird concept, I thought going in that it would be a problem but it turned out the complete opposite. All the characters feel real and their motives and personalities feel like you could predict what they would do. The story naturally progresses into many different places but it never feels forced. The time skips are there but it's never too much. This series is what I look for when I want to read some fluff that will make scream "F$#k YEAH" at 3am. I definitely suggest reading this.