Terrarium Adventure - Reviews

Terrarium Adventure
Heywhat's avatar
Oct 6, 2022

This is a webtoon focused on adventure and character development with some comedy involved.
The protagonist's cheat is that she has infinite money. The logic behind this is that before entering the Terrarium game world she was playing another game from the same developer, a game whose sole purpose was to collect diamonds. In this game, she unlocked an extremely rare achievement and ended up being sent to the Terrarium game world.
The game she was transported to is a "gacha" game. The principle of this type of game is the same as that of a slot machine. It's all about luck (you get the rare prizes the first few times), or money (you buy until you get the prize you want). In this context, someone who has infinite money is very strong.
To balance it out, the protagonist is extremely unlucky, so even though she spends a lot of money, she doesn't always get what she wants.

The game world. [Some spoilers but for context, not event related]
The game world Terrarium, is a world where a magic tree protects civilization from the enemy "fire". Creatures/monsters that burn everything around them. In this context, water is a scarce material, and incapable of putting out monsters. The only thing capable of eliminating these fire monsters are the Dryads.

Dryads are beings that grow within the magical tree and can be invoked to make "contracts" with humans who can communicate with them. These humans are called Druids.
Druids can acquire "fruits" from the magic tree and develop them to discover dryads, but like all gacha games, not every "box" carries an "item" so strong dryads are rare and valuable.

MC
The MC is fun, but nothing too special. But the point is that this is a webtoon that promises character development. Unlike webtoons where the character starts strong, here her only cheat is money and even then there are several limitations. So it is possible that it will develop further. Think of an adventure protagonist rather than a reincarnation isekai protagonist. She has potential but needs to develop it.

Recurring secondary characters
The protagonist's party is much stronger than her, but they also carry limitations. Some of these limitations are linked to the protagonist's development so even they have to develop at a more realistic pace.

My opinion
As an adventure, this webtoon has a lot of potential.
The world was well developed, the number of chapters and  the amount of information we were told is well balanced. The beginning can be a little slow until the adventure really starts, but not too slow to the point of irritating, and I feel like a good foundation about the world, characters, and party goals has been established. This in itself gives me hope that this webtoon will not be one of those that rushes everything and ends up creating expectations only to later disappoint.

The characters so far are the weakest point for me. I'm not especially invested in any of them. Not that they're annoying, just a little bland. But like I said, from what we've seen so far there's going to be more development so the characters will probably get more interesting.

I recommend this manga to those who are going in with the right expectations.
Don't expect any heavy plots, don't expect drama or romance.
This is more of a balanced adventure between development and tranquility. At least for now

Manthika's avatar
Jul 17, 2022

Terrarium Adventure!  The new gacha game coming out soon that everyone is looking forward to!  Summon super cute characters with Top Notch Graphics and Chef's Kiss cuteness!  But to our main character, that sounds horrible!  Once the company makes this game, they're going to shut down their previous app-

A mindless diamond mining clicker absolutely nobody but her plays.  She has played it daily trying to get the last achievement she needs (maxing out like 999,999,999 diamonds) and, running out of time, she decides to PTW.  But the last achievement... is an isekai?!  Welcome to a new world, the world of Terrarium Adventure!  There are cool, super powerful characters everywhere here to support you towards your goal of saving the world...

And oh, by the way, the currency in this isekai is diamonds B)

I'm sure you can make assumptions from there.

What I like about this manhwa: the concept, the gacha system, cute guys, game aspects, good balance between being rich but not persinally OP having OP supporters

What I'm neutral on: character balance including both girls and boys in the gacha system (I prefer men but to many, this would be a plus)

What I don't like: unpolished art in many panels, attitudes of some characters, a girl who I thought was a hot guy and then found out she was a girl </3

MinRei's avatar
Feb 21, 2024

The power system of this story is something that I've never seen anywhere else, revolving around plants essentially. The way their personality and abilities are tied to the type of plants they represent is interesting. For the latest chapters I've read I'm anticipating some sort of base building.

For the art, it seems that aside from the two strongest dryads of the mc, the other characters lack in visual appeal.

So far the mcs personality revolves around her being rich and her dryads are more colorful. Her fighter dryad in particular has a solid backstory and is working hard to achieve her goal.

A personal ick of mine is how the mc handles her interaction with this one particular male druid. The story could be setting them up as enemies to lovers but the way it is right now, the mc would be far more suited to be paired up with her own dryad.

molopower's avatar
Jun 15, 2022

I've only read 16 chapters therefore my review isn't indicative of the final product. It starts off very slow with a lot of exposition. It's a bit bland, but the more I read the more interesting it became because the mechanics of the world are quite original. Honestly, I'd wait a year before jumping into this one.