Taming the Tiger - Reviews

Alt titles: Eyes Clouded by the Tiger, Nun-e Beom-i Seolida

Taming the Tiger
SleepyLena's avatar
May 25, 2023

Words can not express the magnificence and beauty that is this webtoon. The art is gorgeous but the plot is just something else. It was dark at times but also humerous, loving, and heartwarming. Beom is somehow a cinnamonroll yet also a protective tiger all at the same time and although I was unsure at first as the dynamic in the beginning wasn't the best consensual wise the power dynamic really does even out as Beom becomes Geun-hoo's everything. The smut was also A+++, honestly this author/artist is so good at those scenes. Not gonna lie the ending made me extra hard-core ugly cry but then the extra chapters will give you the happy ending so you can go into this without fear. 10/10

meaghan's avatar
Jan 12, 2022

First off, I would like to say that my rating for Yaoi and normal mangas WOULD NOT BE THE SAME simply due to expectations and culture surrounding the two different genres are not the same.

I have read many yoai mangas, some listed on my profile and some I didn't list on my profile so I will be basing my reviews off of the yoai universe and the subcultures in them.

this review is mainly spoiler-free

The first chapter or 2 was quite confusing as I was grasping to find out what is happening but after that, it wasn't confusing at all. Eventually, they reiterate what happened in the first chapter or 2 slowly. The reason why I give this manwha an 8 so far (speaking as there are currently only 36 chapters)  is because

Story- 8.5/10

• Basically, the overall reason is it is a good plot...well decent plot. It is good but it feels a little empty. I just read all 36 chapters and the amount of actual content would equal 11 chapters without smut. Now I like my smut so I'm not hating. I read way worst mangas so give this manga a shot. Maybe as the manga goes on it would get more heavy on the content as I am already seeing the building of a major event.

Characters- 7/10

• You can see the different sides of the main characters but not too much. You can see how both characters progress from one state to another. Currently, the main characters are in a state where the viewers are wondering what will happen to them. What will happen to the lord state? How far will their love go? Will love be their downfall? or will love be the reason they succeed? To be very honest, I kind of want to see how far their love will go for each other or what they will do in the name of love? I want to see more personality from the minor characters and a more layered personality from the main characters. The viewers need something, maybe more characters` emotions in order to build a connection with it. When the viewers build a connection with the story, it allows them to keep coming back bc they are invested in the lives of the characters.

Art- 10/10

I know there are different styles of art/ drawing styles etc so my reviewing will alter.

To simply put, it's excellent. the shading, the colour tones, the highlights. It is not overly detailed like other yoai mangas ( well menwha) with excellent artwork but it's simple enough.

Overall- 8/10

this is the mark i hold as the manwha currently has 36 chapters

8.5/10 story
sassykillua's avatar
Mar 7, 2023

THIS IS SOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING GREAT! I LOVE AND ADORE EVERY SINGLE THING ABOUT THIS MANHWA. IT'S WAY TOOO MUCH DEAR TO MY HEART,THAT IT HURTS SO GOOD

SERIOUSLY HOW CAN A LOVE BE SO GODDAMN PAINFULLY BEAUTIFUL?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jennn1fer's avatar
Jun 30, 2023

This is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read ! Had me connected to the characters enough to the point I was crying and needing breaks between chapters. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to get some feelings out.

Bloom19's avatar
Jun 16, 2022

Personally I really love this manga but I do also just love this author / artist so much! <3

It has "Painter of the Night" kinda of vibe to it just less violent.

I have now finishen this manga and holy sh*t it really has been long since I cried haha this is just one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read and I am both crying from sadness of the ending but also happiness of the beginning of the end! >w<